Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464
Tyritorious said:
I want some of whatever the Indy Special Teams Coach was having when he drew up that play.

It's actually brilliant. If you're the ST coordinator, and you find out one of your employees is banging your wife and daughter, you dial one of these up and tell te center to snap the ball come hell or highwater. Unfortunately, the Pats' defense was too stupefied at the, well, stupidity, of the whole thing to properly dial up a murder, but if they still had Aaron Hernandez rest assured the plan would have succeeded, to the satisfaction of all but one of the parties.

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:
chocoloco said:

One of the dumbest play calls and actual hikes in the history of football. The weirdest I have seen in a lot of years watching football. 

4th down play

https://vine.co/v/e9gIULgbAle

Thank you for posting that.  I'm not watching the game.  What did they think would happen?

It seems Pagano warped to a parrallel universe took some acid came back and called a play from this parallel universe. Everyone on GAF is baffled.

RolStoppable said:
Everyone in the prediction league has at least four losses so far. SNF isn't going to matter much (only DolPhanTendo picked the Colts), but MNF is going to be interesting with NYG@PHI.

I hate the Eagles, but I picked them. So please... they shall win, for my sake.

On the bright side for you, your team looks like the clear contender to come out of the NFC.  Previous comments aside, I don't think the NFC South teams like Carolina and Atlanta are as good as their records suggest.  Seattle is not playing well at all.  Maybe a healthy Dallas would have a shot, if Dallas even makes the playoffs.

Miguel_Zorro said:

Thank you for posting that.  I'm not watching the game.  What did they think would happen?

I assume they were aiming for an offsides. Especially since the formation wasn't even legal...

Yay, everyone won the night game.

Except freedom, justice, America, and Dolphantendo.

Around the Network

Disappointed that I only got 32 points out of Brady. I was hoping for something more bloodthirsty.

On a side note, the MVP of my team not named Tom would have to be the Bronco's defense. They've been killing it. They're not just stopping people, they're doing it with big plays in key moments.

noname2200 said:

I dunno, man. I think everyone who got to see that fake punt attempt (that honestly may be too charitable a word) is a winner.

MTZehvor said:
noname2200 said:

I dunno, man. I think everyone who got to see that fake punt attempt (that honestly may be too charitable a word) is a winner.

And since justice is blind, freedom is fleeting, America is dead, and Dolphantendo is...an aquatic mammal?...that effectively means everyone is a winner!

The only reason the Colts versus Patriots game was even somewhat close is because of Brady's pick six otherwise it would have been close to a blowout. Also as I said last week the Panthers are legit, they might not have receiving core but they have the second best tight end in the league in Greg Olson and the defense is pretty good the only team in the NFC that is better right now are the Packers.

Miguel_Zorro said:
RolStoppable said:
Everyone in the prediction league has at least four losses so far. SNF isn't going to matter much (only DolPhanTendo picked the Colts), but MNF is going to be interesting with NYG@PHI.

I hate the Eagles, but I picked them. So please... they shall win, for my sake.

On the bright side for you, your team looks like the clear contender to come out of the NFC.  Previous comments aside, I don't think the NFC South teams like Carolina and Atlanta are as good as their records suggest.  Seattle is not playing well at all.  Maybe a healthy Dallas would have a shot, if Dallas even makes the playoffs.

Things aren't looking too good for the Packers with the wide receivers going down one after another. Nelson is obviously out for the season, Adams couldn't play the past couple of weeks, Montgomery got hurt on Sunday. This creates some problems for the Packers passing game and makes the offense on the whole not as threatening as it should be. The bye week is coming at the right time, but injuries always remain an X-factor.

Playoffs are another thing because it's all about a single game between two teams. Have a bad day or some bad luck and you are out. So the overall best team (which the Packers are through six weeks) does not necessarily reach the Super Bowl.

As for that special teams play by the Colts, they were doing it wrong. Obviously.

The way this has to be done is not to move the linemen to the outside, but snap the ball to the side instead of back between the legs. Jeff Fisher's Titans pulled off such a stunt successfully, unless I am remembering wrong. In any case though, the ball has to be snapped to the side to the lone guy who stands out there anyway during a normal punt formation. All it takes at that moment is that the lone guy of the return team who is lined up out there gets caught by surprise, so the "kicking" team can run the ball a few yards down the field.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club