By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: AC Amiibo festival will get a lower metascore than Devils Third

Which is going to score worse?

Devil's Third 28 54.90%

Animal Crossing : Amiibo Festival 23 45.10%

Total:51

We're only a few days from Devil's Third reviews poring in. No doubt, Devil's Third reviews will be divisive and largely negative. Most people are pegging this game to flop, even expecting it to be the overall worst game of 2015.

But when all is said and done for the WiiU in 2015, I doubt Devil's Third will be the WiiU's lowest point this year. I think that dubious (dis)honor will ultimately go to Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival.

"But, it's Mario Party with an Animal Crossing skin! With amiibo! That should make it sort of fun, right?"

If it only it was. If you watch the E3 treehouse footage of this game, it's painful. Unlike Mario Party, In AC: Amiibo Festival there really aren't any meaningful minigames attached to events on the board. You're literally just rolling dice, going to the end of the board, and hoping you collect more bells than your competitors. That's it. There's no skill, no strategy, no excitement at all involved with the game. This is really ought to be called Candyland: Animal Crossing/Amiibo edition. Sure, there's the charming AC characters -- but that alone can't carry this game. The card amiibo may introduce some variety - but it's pretty clear the AC card amiibo are really intended more for AC: Happy Home Designer. I'm struggling to find to think of any features I saw in the Treehouse footage that make AC: Amiibo festival appealing to anyone above the age of 5. I know ... that's harsh...

Based on previews, I think Devil's Third will scrape by with a metascore in the 50-65 range. AC: Amiibo Festival will get a metascore in the 40-50s, possibly lower. And that's even if it gets pegged as a "free to start" game.

So what say you?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

there is an assassins creed amiibo game?

I think that Devil's Third will be lower..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Animal Crossing will be higher in my opinion.

I think we're all underestimating the appeal Amiibo festival has to the whole 10 casual Wii customers who upgraded to the Wii U.

Around the Network

Nah, it will easy beat Devils Third....

Devil's Third will score lower.

The Amiibo crossing will be heralded as "out of the box" and given great scores by some I am sure.

No way. Amiibo is going to get the benefit of the doubt by virtue of being cute. Reviewers don't like appearing to be too harsh on properties that are kid-friendly. It might be a worse game but I can't see it getting a lower metascore unless it's just a complete mess.

RubberWhistleHistle said:

there is an assassins creed amiibo game?

XD It could be awesome if there were one. Not sure how it would play out though..

OT: I don't know, not sure. I assume it would but given it's an "Animal Crossing" game there's always the possibility of getting some extra points just because of that. Devils third has gotten alot of "hate" lately as well, and it's a new game so it's more easy to write off because of that.

Oh, hell no.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."