By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: AC Amiibo festival will get a lower metascore than Devils Third

Which is going to score worse?

Devil's Third 28 54.90%

Animal Crossing : Amiibo Festival 23 45.10%

Total:51

I don't think so, Devils Third metascore will be worse.

Around the Network
RubberWhistleHistle said:

there is an assassins creed amiibo game?

Animal Crossing

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I disagree with people thinking AC AP will get a good score unless they change core gameplay elements... It won't do better than a 63% on meta.

Devil Third will probably do worse, because reviewers will shoot it dead for its technical flaws. But in the end, I bet Devil Third will end up being much more fun than AC, which is silly but representative of metacritic...

I think they won't be too far apart. Maybe Devil's Third in the low 50s and Amiibo Party in the high 50s. AC:AP seems to be a lot worse than Mario Party and even that's a series that I'd never touch.

I disagree. Amiibo Festival might end up being an okay party game, and it'll be technically sound. Devil's Third will be torn to pieces.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Oh, when I first read it I though it was about Happy Home Designer. I'm not a fan of either of them, but I prefer AC just because it could do as a party game with friends, Devil's Third... I wouldn't know what to do with it xDDD

I assume Devil's Third will have a lower critic score, and the Amiibo game will have a lower user score.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Fine, I'll bite.
I'll be the only other person who believes Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival will score lower than Devil's Third.

My basis for this is the belief that AC:AF will have so little content and purpose that it will outweigh The Devil's Third poor execution and playability. It's one thing for a game to have mechanics, characters, story and poorly execute them, it's another when a game serves no purpose other than to make money.

What is Devil's Third trying to accomplish? Create a combination of 3rd person hack and slash with 3rd person shooting that befits Itagaki and his team's previous work. Now from previews and other articles leading up to this game concerning gameplay (more so framerate), it's guaranteed to average mediocre to bad scores.My prediction is 56 average Metascore.

AC:AF is much harder to gauge because of multiple reasons. We don't have any previews from the press, we don't know how much variety is in the game modes or maps that are available, and we don't know the ratio of content to amiibo is as of yet. There are enough games on the Wii U to use as examples when comparing AC:AF, for quality of a party game and use of amiibos in the base game.

Does the implementation of amiibos add to the gameplay? We have the Skylanders franchise, Disney Infinity and Mario Party 10 as examples of implementation, and they at least have some gameplay purpose. DI and Skylanders have varying characters with differing gameplay styles, which adds to the game. Mario Party 10 has an added gameplay mode dedicated to amiibos, even if it isn't on the right side of adding value, it at least adds to the game. AC:AF, as of right now, doesn't appear to add anything but cosmetic differences. There's nothing meaningful added to the game using amiibo support, and you can be sure that reviewers are going to be critical about that element considering you are required to have amiibos to play the game in the first place.

Next thing we need to focus on is how good of a party game is it? Wii Party, Mario Party, and other board game party game hybrids are great examples. How does this game differ or add to the existing formula? AC:AF doesn't have competing mini-games, doesn't have item usage, varying board game events and other variations you would find in a game of this type. If this game doesn't have a hook or any added variables to gameplay, how do you expect it to be entertaining? And here lies the problem: AC:AF doesn't do anything to justify itself from other games like it. Mario Party 10 does everything better, and that game still averaged a 66 metascore. My prediction is that this game will have a 54 average metascore.

There is the point that games intended for younger audiences are criticized less than others, but if kids view the gameplay as boring and parents view their money as poorly spent, you can bet the game will be panned. Reviewers take this into consideration when reviewing games like this, and I think there will be enough disdain or disinterest to warrant a low score.

I believe that the combination of failing as a party game and failing at implementing amiibo support to justify the game will warrant just enough negativity to score lower than Devil's Third. But then again, I'm bad at gauging games intended for kids; considering my inner child died a while ago...

From what we've seen, Devil's Third will definitely score worse.

I'd say from what we've seen, Devil's Third will be about 40-ish metascore, while Amiibo Festival will be 60 to 70-ish, so no, I don't think so.