By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mozilla CEO blasts Microsoft over Windows 10 defaults

No, the complaints aren't justified. It's whiney nitpicking at best.

It took me a little more than 30 seconds to change it to Google Chrome, which was my default browser before the upgrade. I did it the same way I always did, except with a different (and frankly more practical) graphical interface. I changed it to Firefox just as easily. And then I changed it back to Edge, which has been the best performing browser I've used ever since Firefox became a resource hog years ago and began running slow on every single computer I used it on.

So long as it continues to run better then Chrome, I'll probably stick with it.

Around the Network

I had Mozilla and chrome sitting in the taskbar after the download of windows 10. I tried edge and actually removed Mozilla from my laptop and tablet as I think Microsoft have made a really awesome browser for a change.

Johnw1104 said:
Not a big deal and entirely microsoft's prerogative. If their browser winds up being bad people will still download Firefox/chrome etc, but if it's good and people like it tough cookies.

The latter doesn't seem likely though.

its against EU law for sure, M$ will pay for this like they payed for setting their browser as default before.

generic-user-1 said:
Johnw1104 said:
Not a big deal and entirely microsoft's prerogative. If their browser winds up being bad people will still download Firefox/chrome etc, but if it's good and people like it tough cookies.

its against EU law for sure, M$ will pay for this like they payed for setting their browser as default before.

How on earth can setting your own browser as the default of your own product be against the law? The EU is ridiculous.

Johnw1104 said:
generic-user-1 said:
Johnw1104 said:

How on earth can setting your own browser as the default of your own product be against the law? The EU is ridiculous.

its called antitrust laws, and yeah, trying to have a free market is evil.

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
Johnw1104 said:

Yes, the greatest threat to the free market is Microsoft including its own browser as a default on its operating system, not the operating system itself. I think its cute that you equate the EU being sticklers on this to free market efforts, though. ;)

Edge is the new best browser to download a better browser.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I hope one day a company finally fives MS competition for PC OS.

Johnw1104 said:
generic-user-1 said:
Johnw1104 said:

Yes, the greatest threat to the free market is Microsoft including its own browser as a default on its operating system, not the operating system itself. I think its cute that you equate the EU being sticklers on this to free market efforts, though. ;)

they atleast try, not like other nations.  sure the french are a problem, but their products suck so hard that it doesnt realy matter.

who would cry if psa and renault would merge?

and yes, the default browser setting is abuse of marketpower in the OS market.

Edge is pretty good.

Then again I still used IE on occasion (usually Chrome at the house and FF at work) and did not hate it too much.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.