By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 remake's combat will have "dramatic changes"

Are you excited to see the combat system change?

Yes 112 28.94%

I will wait and see 130 33.59%

No 145 37.47%

Total:387

I honestly don't mind if it's something similar to FF XIII. Seriously the hate the game gets is unwarranted.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Nem said:

As you may have already realised, your opinion is not fact. Just because you think its more interesting, it doesnt mean that it is for everyone.

If you dont find turn-based interesting, i dont understand why you want this remake in the first place. What you want is a reboot.

A reboot changes everything including the story ... 

That doesn't mean I don't want a little of bit reimaging ...

Nomura may very well do that.  He's always pushed that light and darkness crap into everything he touches.  He did it with Advent Children. 

The thing I fear most about him directing FF7R is that he will make a lot of the dialogue so vague and filled with non sequiturs.  There were so many times in AC where what was previously said in a dialect was never directly followed up on as the conversation went on.  It's like Nomura is assuming we're all psychic and he doesn't have to put in the work necessary to fill in the blanks.  Or if the blanks are filled in, they're only filled in AFTER we experience the convoluted dialogue and vagueness; usually a very long time after that point.

Lube Me Up