By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony gamer's day anticipation

While some of the PS3 games look great (LBP should be loads of fun), I really thought that the PSP stole the show. I might actually buy one once some of those games release.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
Goddbless said:
ckmlb said:
Oh I forgot, Socom on the PS3 baby oh yeah.... total surprise and it's downloadable? http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4856 So lemme get this straight 360 has geometry wars as a downloadable game and PS3 has Warhawk, Little Big Planet and Socom? hmmm lemme think which one sounds more appealing...

What a fair comparison!

That's the only comparison out there, if Shadowrun was sold as a downloadable game for 30 bucks or so then I would have compared it to that, but MS made the mistake of making it a full priced multiplayer only game...

Can't expect fair comparisons when MS is just using downloadable stuff for small games while Sony is going for massive multiplayer online stuff like Warhawk and Socom... 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

shams said:

Have to check out everything at home 2nite. Drakes looked pretty cool - lot less impressed with Heavenly Sword (crappy collision boxes, floaty controls, etc..).

Sure I'd like Rachet as well - always loved that "candy" sort of action game!

EDIT - some of those comments about LAIR seemed disturbing, about the SIXAXIS controller. At least the game looks damned pretty.

You gotta remember Heavenly Sword is still probably a late summer or fall release so a lot of the kinks could be worked on by then.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

LBP looks intriguing. It seems like as a platformer it's rather shallow but as a puzzler it's pretty awesome, online co-op for it is great too. I just hope there's some kind of single-player/"campaign" mode 'cause it doesn't seem like there's really any story/point to it yet and I'm getting really sick of single-player being not just ignored but outright omitted in favor of online-only multiplayer these days. Hopefully it comes in at like $20-$30, that'd be sweet.

Little Big Planet looks the most intriguing with infectious music, too.

Around the Network

what about folklore noboy like how that game was???

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Rachet & Clank... what's up with this new obsession of being guided on rails? First (parts) of Heavenly Sword, and now most of the video for R&C? Sure it looks awesome, but the gameplay is turning me off... :( I want to see more free-roaming exploration & destruction!!!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I just gotta say this... I'm sure i'll piss people off but I don't care. LAIR looks fantastic graphically. LAIR looks like a SHIT game to play. Once again Factor 5 focus on graphics and technology rather than focusing on the things that count. WTF is with the damn clipping, it makes the game look SO bad. Once again - and anyone can mark my words, Lair is going to bomb. It'll do OKAY in the first month and then disappear from existence before hitting 500,000k as it is swallowed in Heavenly Swords brilliance.

OriGin said:
I just gotta say this... I'm sure i'll piss people off but I don't care. LAIR looks fantastic graphically. LAIR looks like a SHIT game to play. Once again Factor 5 focus on graphics and technology rather than focusing on the things that count. WTF is with the damn clipping, it makes the game look SO bad. Once again - and anyone can mark my words, Lair is going to bomb. It'll do OKAY in the first month and then disappear from existence before hitting 500,000k as it is swallowed in Heavenly Swords brilliance.

I can see that happening...after Rebel Strike on GC, I'm very wary of Factor 5.  And stomping on soldiers in random slo-mo?  A bad sign...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )