By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Possibility for MH5 Ps4?

justiceiro said:
This would demand a revamp on all the polygon models that they have been using since PS2, so, no.

*sigh* PS2 to PSP to 3DS.... It sells millions, and they just reuse the same models. This really is a cash cow.

Around the Network

The fact that some are trying to act like the PS4 is or will be market leader in Japan in this thread is fun in and of itself.

NintendoPie said:
The fact that some are trying to act like the PS4 is or will be market leader in Japan in this thread is fun in and of itself.

It won't be?!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

3DS has a 10x bigger install base and the series is doing amazingly on it. No reason to change it, unless Sony buys the exclusivity, but I doubt they'd do this.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

No, they would need to actually upgrade the graphics of the game, so nope..

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

But it will though... on home consoles.

A PS4 MH isn't going to happen. At least a MH built from the ground up for PS4 won't be made, but we may see a quick port of the WiiU version or something. The biggest reason for this is because MH is a money making machine by reusing old assets going back to the PS2. They really cut down on costs by working in this way, but it requires them to never move to a console that brings an expectation of better than PS2 graphics. As soon as sales dry up on 3DS, i foresee MH moving to mobile, where i think it will stay until the series is no longer profitable.

1. People seem to be forgetting what ps2 graphics really look like... Mh4 is above and beyond anything ps2 could handle.

2. People are forgetting that nintendo is most likely releasing its next handheld soon. Surely nintendo has mh5 lined up for launch if thats the case.

3. Monster hunter sells best in Japan and Japan loves handhelds. It would make no sense to waste time on a console version

Azuren said:
Mnementh said:
Azuren said:
Mnementh said:
Azuren said:
It's a toss up.

On one hand, Capcom only supports the clear winner, and right now that's definitely the PS4.

On the other, they aim for PS2 graphics to avoid actually upgrading their game, which makes 3DS the right choice.

The clear winner is definitely the 3DS. Especially in Japan. That may have changed in a few years, but somehow I doubt that for Japan. So all points to 3DS.

Except Monster Hunter stopped being a failure outside of Japan and the rest of the world has caught on to how awesome it is, meaning that Capcom will now take that into consideration. They want money, regardless of where they get it, so a PS4 MH could easily happen. 

Still, even outside Japan 3DS has the biggest install base and Capcom already has proof MH sells on 3DS - inside and outside japan.

PS4 has smaller install base and Capcom has no signs to whatever.

Think how long PS2 got big games.

An install base that isn't rising as fast as the PS4's install base.

And PS2 isn't a good comparison. That wasn't a console, it was a gaming phenomenon (whereas the Wii was less a gaming phenomenon and more of a cultural fad, as shown by the game selection).

In Japan, still by far the main market for MH, 3DS install base is growing faster. Worldwide PS4 will still need years to catch up to 3DS. In Japan it might never do that. Capcom wants money from the customers, MH can sell on 3DS, that was already put to a test. So I don't see why you picking for arbitrary data. In the post before you Capcom is cited to have sold 3.9 million units of MH4. Can it do it on PS4? Speculation. But Capcom knows it can sell this on 3DS. MH5 probably will be on 3DS, what happens later we will see.

And why do you arbitrary decide which console was a gaming phenomenon and which a fad? That's highly subjective and base for fights. I would say that clearly all consoles are fads, as they stop selling after a few years, including the PS2. Compare that with Coca Cola for instance. Clearly the PS2 was a fad.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

NintendoPie said:

I don't understand it either. 3DS is nearing the end of it's cycle and still sells more in Japan than PS4. If nothingg surprising happens PS4 install base will never reach 3DS in Japan.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]