By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Possibility for MH5 Ps4?

Mnementh said:
NintendoPie said:
The fact that some are trying to act like the PS4 is or will be market leader in Japan in this thread is fun in and of itself.

I don't understand it either. 3DS is nearing the end of it's cycle and still sells more in Japan than PS4. If nothingg surprising happens PS4 install base will never reach 3DS in Japan.

The problem till now was, that the right games for japan gamers were missing. But with the release of star ocean 5 at the end of the year and the following games at next year will increase the sales of the ps4 for sure, if it will ever reach the level of 3ds it's another question

Around the Network
ZODIARKrebirth said:
Mnementh said:
NintendoPie said:
The fact that some are trying to act like the PS4 is or will be market leader in Japan in this thread is fun in and of itself.

I don't understand it either. 3DS is nearing the end of it's cycle and still sells more in Japan than PS4. If nothingg surprising happens PS4 install base will never reach 3DS in Japan.

The problem till now was, that the right games for japan gamers were missing. But with the release of star ocean 5 at the end of the year and the following games at next year will increase the sales of the ps4 for sure, if it will ever reach the level of 3ds it's another question

Star Ocean IV sold something like 200k in Japan on the PS3, and SO5 is releasing on both PS4/PS3. I wouldn't call that bigger than Dragon Quest Heroes, Bloodborne, Yakuza, or Final Fantasy Type Zero, all of which probably sold about similar levels (in the case of DQH probably more.) 

The only thing that will save PS4 in Japan is DQ XI and that won't be releasing until the end of 2016, already halfway (if not more) through the generation. PS4 will probably end up with PS3 level sales at most in Japan, and only if it has a similar lifetime. 

sc94597 said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

Star Ocean IV sold something like 200k in Japan on the PS3, and SO5 is releasing on both PS4/PS3. I wouldn't call that bigger than Dragon Quest Heroes, Bloodborne, Yakuza, or Final Fantasy Type Zero, all of which probably sold about similar levels (in the case of DQH probably more.) 

The only thing that will save PS4 in Japan is DQ XI and that won't be releasing until the end of 2016, already halfway (if not more) through the generation. PS4 will probably end up with PS3 level sales at most in Japan, and only if it has a similar lifetime. 

Star Ocean IV was exclusive to the 360 for a year. It sold 200k on that too, and surely it could've done more than those combined 400k had it launched on the PS3 from the start.

Teeqoz said:
sc94597 said:

Star Ocean IV was exclusive to the 360 for a year. It sold 200k on that too, and surely it could've done more than those combined 400k had it launched on the PS3 from the start.

And Star Ocean V is releasing on both the PS3 and PS4, one of which has a much larger install base and can affect sales much more than a 360 release. 

NintendoPie said:

And the fact that some are trying to insinuate that Monster Hunter still has no presence outside of Japan is just as much (if not more) fun. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

I can see them making a PS4 version if Wii U gets a sucessor and if it sells decently. Seeing how MH3 sold more on Wii U than the largely succesful PS3, there's absolutely no way they'd make much bigger assets for PS4 alone.

Don't think so, 3DS has much bigger install base than PS4, Capcom knows this, and will keep Monster Hunter on 3DS until otherwise