By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo NX more and more looks like 2016. thing

I hope it's not portable. Too many portables from Nintendo. I hope it's a regular console. I'll be picking it up on the first day of launch...as usual. Love Nintendo!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

If NX is a console releasing in 2016 with similar or lower specs compared to PS4, I expect it to sell even worse than WiiU. If it's a heldheld it makes more sense to have a 2016 release. If It's a hybrid I expect it to have lackluster sales everywhere but japan. I hope Nintendo is smart enough to push the release to 2017 or later for a console.

You know it is indeed possible to release an NX version a year or 2 after it comes out. I mean Dragon Quest X is coming to PS4 almost 2 years after its launch on Wii/3DS/WiiU

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Rafie said:
I hope it's not portable. Too many portables from Nintendo. I hope it's a regular console. I'll be picking it up on the first day of launch...as usual. Love Nintendo!

I'll buy NX day one if it has a game that I'm hyped for. But I wouldn't know until maybe early next year or even around E3.

Euphoria14 said:
superchunk said:

I don't understand bolded.

WiiU launched in 2012.
- I own 27 games, over half are exclusives, and another 25 VC titles.
- There are 5 others I still plan on buying; not including further VC content.
- Never ran out of things to play.
- It had full BC with Wii so lots of replay there too.

I really don't get how anyone can feel bad with the value of the system. If you don't like Nintendo games, then why buy a Nintendo system?

If NX has full BC with WiiU, then this is no different than buying a new phone every other year. Do you feel cheated every time a new phone model or tablet is released? Why are we all so stuck on the idea that a new model can't release until the old is 5 years? How many revisions of the same console happen every year or other year? Why are those not counted as a bad thing too?

I eagerly look forward to NX and the new content / ideas it will bring.

Doesn't matter to me what you bought. If this is a console successor why would I invest hundreds of I see clear as day that if things don't go the way they want they will just pull the plug early?

It's not difficult at all to understand my point of view.

Its the same reason I waited until 2008 to get my 360.

Edit - Don't misunderstand. I love Nintendo games, but let us just say this NX costs $400 at launch. I would want more than just Nintendo games, especially at that price point, not to mention I would want to know they truly intend to have 3rd parties on board this time. 

Nothing wrong with a cautious approach, even if you beg to differ or claim to not understand it.

Nintendo aiming affordable hardware with NX, so probably somewhere around $250.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Euphoria14 said:
superchunk said:

I don't understand bolded.

WiiU launched in 2012.
- I own 27 games, over half are exclusives, and another 25 VC titles.
- There are 5 others I still plan on buying; not including further VC content.
- Never ran out of things to play.
- It had full BC with Wii so lots of replay there too.

I really don't get how anyone can feel bad with the value of the system. If you don't like Nintendo games, then why buy a Nintendo system?

If NX has full BC with WiiU, then this is no different than buying a new phone every other year. Do you feel cheated every time a new phone model or tablet is released? Why are we all so stuck on the idea that a new model can't release until the old is 5 years? How many revisions of the same console happen every year or other year? Why are those not counted as a bad thing too?

I eagerly look forward to NX and the new content / ideas it will bring.

Doesn't matter to me what you bought. If this is a console successor why would I invest hundreds of I see clear as day that if things don't go the way they want they will just pull the plug early?

It's not difficult at all to understand my point of view.

Its the same reason I waited until 2008 to get my 360.

Edit - Don't misunderstand. I love Nintendo games, but let us just say this NX costs $400 at launch. I would want more than just Nintendo games, especially at that price point, not to mention I would want to know they truly intend to have 3rd parties on board this time. 

Nothing wrong with a cautious approach, even if you beg to differ or claim to not understand it.

Nintendo aiming affordable hardware with NX, so probably somewhere around $250.

That would be fantastic news if true. That is a big reason I bought into the Wii right away.

Eh, who am I kidding. I bought into the Wii right away because I didn't have a Gamecube and the Wii got Zelda right off the bat.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Miyamotoo said:
Hiku said:
Miyamotoo said:

Offcourse they are hard working on next home console, Nintendo always start working on new next console right after launch, but Reggies statement does not mean that NX is a home console.

Nobody from Nintendo still did not confirmed what exatly is NX, only it's confirmed that is a hardware.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/06/18/nintendos-reggie-fils-aime-talks-amiibo-and-the-skylanders-deal/

Everyone starts R&D for the next console soon after they release one. What's interesting about his quote is the "we’ve also said publicly" part.
Even though Sony began R&D for PS4 right after they released PS3 in 2006, they did not publically say it existed until 2013.
Reggie is saying that they have publically announced that they are working on their next home console. And the only public announcement I know of that fits this, is the NX announcement.

Further more, Metroid's producer Tanabe said this: "If we started [Metroid] for Wii U now, it would likely take three years or so. So it would likely now be on Nintendo's NX console,".
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx

He calls the NX a console, and more importantly, said that a home console WiiU Metroid would likely end up on the NX console instead. That certainly suggests that NX is a home console, as it doesn't make sense to move development of a home console game to something else. Especially without explaining why, since this was an answer to the fans, and it would be impossible for them to discern that he is refering to something other than a home console from his reply.

People can specuate in different ways, but to say that nothing suggests it's a home console is simply not true.
You're using the term "confirmed" in the end, and I agree that no one from Nintendo has confirmed this. But there's certainly comments that suggest it.

Iwata talked much more about NX than Reggie and he didn't ever applied that NX is home console. Reggie also didnt said that NX is a home console, he said "we working on next home console" and that relly is not surprise.

Metroid's producer Tanabe again did not confirmed that NX is a home console, he just said "NX console" that can refer to handheld or hybrid console.

I dont say that NX isnt home console, but we dont have any confirmation for that yet so all options are still very opened.

No and no. Reggie said they mentioned publicly their next homeconsole, and the only public announcement is NX. And Tanabe's comment specifically mentioned Wii U and NX for a Metroid Prime on homeconsoles. If it was a handheld there won't be a problem to start development on Wii U (homeconsole)

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

thepurplewalrus said:

If it did come out in 2016, I think me and a lot of other people would lose trust in Nintendo. I mean, if the Wii U would have as short of a lifespan as 3.5-4 years, how could anyone know for sure that the same won't happen for the NX?

MS did it with the original Xbox to bring out the 360 and Sega brought out the Mega Drive 3 years after launching the Master system as two examples, only people who would have an issue with these isn't the mass market but the minorites on the forums. Even we can use an example of the GC which had a 5 year life span but the last 2 years had only 2 releases in it in RE4 and TP, they can't really afford to have the U go through that.

Wyrdness said:
thepurplewalrus said:

If it did come out in 2016, I think me and a lot of other people would lose trust in Nintendo. I mean, if the Wii U would have as short of a lifespan as 3.5-4 years, how could anyone know for sure that the same won't happen for the NX?

MS did it with the original Xbox to bring out the 360 and Sega brought out the Mega Drive 3 years after launching the Master system as two examples, only people who would have an issue with these isn't the mass market but the minorites on the forums. Even we can use an example of the GC which had a 5 year life span but the last 2 years had only 2 releases in it in RE4 and TP, they can't really afford to have the U go through that.

I guess you have a point there. It just doesn't feel like the Wii U has been out for that long.

day one wii U owner here.  I'll wait 2 years after NX releases to buy it.  For price drop and games.  My x1 and new gaming pc will tide me over.  Also continued wii U support!!!!