By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo NX more and more looks like 2016. thing

Euphoria14 said:
Miyamotoo said:
Euphoria14 said:
superchunk said:

I don't understand bolded.

WiiU launched in 2012.
- I own 27 games, over half are exclusives, and another 25 VC titles.
- There are 5 others I still plan on buying; not including further VC content.
- Never ran out of things to play.
- It had full BC with Wii so lots of replay there too.

I really don't get how anyone can feel bad with the value of the system. If you don't like Nintendo games, then why buy a Nintendo system?

If NX has full BC with WiiU, then this is no different than buying a new phone every other year. Do you feel cheated every time a new phone model or tablet is released? Why are we all so stuck on the idea that a new model can't release until the old is 5 years? How many revisions of the same console happen every year or other year? Why are those not counted as a bad thing too?

I eagerly look forward to NX and the new content / ideas it will bring.

Doesn't matter to me what you bought. If this is a console successor why would I invest hundreds of I see clear as day that if things don't go the way they want they will just pull the plug early?

It's not difficult at all to understand my point of view.

Its the same reason I waited until 2008 to get my 360.

Edit - Don't misunderstand. I love Nintendo games, but let us just say this NX costs $400 at launch. I would want more than just Nintendo games, especially at that price point, not to mention I would want to know they truly intend to have 3rd parties on board this time. 

Nothing wrong with a cautious approach, even if you beg to differ or claim to not understand it.

Nintendo aiming affordable hardware with NX, so probably somewhere around $250.

That would be fantastic news if true. That is a big reason I bought into the Wii right away.

Eh, who am I kidding. I bought into the Wii right away because I didn't have a Gamecube and the Wii got Zelda right off the bat.

Miyamotoo recent:

"What we are always striving to do is to find a way to take novel technology that we can take and offer it to people at a price that everybody can afford. And in addition to that, rather than going after the high-end tech spec race and trying to create the most powerful console, really what we want to do is try to find a console that has the best balance of features with the best interface that anyone can use."

"But really what's most important to us is, how do we create a system that is both unique and affordable so that everyone can afford it and everyone can enjoy it."

Also he stated that Wii U had higher price than they wanted.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Miyamotoo said:
Euphoria14 said:

So long WiiU. Hardly knew you.

I would avoid buying NX early. Not even 3 full years into WiiU and games for its successor already announced.

Thiss should allow me to grab a WiiU on the cheap earlier than expected though. Hopefully it at least gets Zelda.

We still dont know what is NX, nothing implies that home console or replacement for Wii U.

If it's not a successor then why isn't DQXI for WiiU?

if anything it shows the nx should be a handheld because thats the only thing thats a much more guarentee selling more than a home console, so im not sure what your getting at

Hiku said:
Miyamotoo said:

Iwata talked much more about NX than Reggie and he didn't ever applied that NX is home console. Reggie also didnt said that NX is a home console, he said "we working on next home console" and that relly is not surprise.

Metroid's producer Tanabe again did not confirmed that NX is a home console, he just said "NX console" that can refer to handheld or hybrid console.

I dont say that NX isnt home console, but we dont have any confirmation for that yet so all options are still very opened.

The key part off Reggie's comment that you are overlooking is that he said they have "previously" announced it publically. If we look back at previous announcements, the only one that seems to fit this is the NX announcement. Or can you provide a different public statement that this may refer to?

Regarding Tanabe's statement,, it would not make sense for him to be refering to a handheld. For one, it's not a natural step of development to move the development of a game from a home console to a handheld. I don't even recall that ever happening. Imagine if we saw a trailer for Watchdogs for PS4/XBO, and then next year they tell us it's actually only for 3DS. That would require quite an explanation, and a spcific reason. However, since Tanabe confirmed that the game hasn't even begun development yet, no such reason should exists yet. So why would he get the idea to move a non-existent home console game to a handheld rather than the home console we know they are working on, and then assume that we would understand that from his comment? He was replying to fans concern about a home console Metroid game. Not a portable one. Telling them that it would end up on a handheld is the opposite of reassuring them. He could have said "our next home console" but he said "the NX console".

As for what Iwata has and hasn't said, I believe Iwata didn't even refer to NX as a console, but Tanabe did. Every piece of information does not always come from the president first. Some times employees even say things they're not supposed to say, or they missunderstand something. It's more likely that he's not actually aware of what the NX is than that he was refering to a handheld, because talking about moving development of a home console game to a handheld, when replying to fans concern about a home console Metroid, doesn't make any sense.

"We’ve also said publicly that we are already hard at work on our next home console and that’s another element we’ll be talking about much later."

If you meant on this statement, that could easily refer to statement "Nintendo always working on new console".

Regarding Tanabe's statement, he may be referring to hybrid device, not handheld or home console.

Iwata never said console, but he said hardware.

Chances are little smaller that NX is really handheld than home console or hybrid device, I personally think that NX is a hybrid device, but like I wrote, all options are still very opened.

bobgamez said:
Euphoria14 said:

If it's not a successor then why isn't DQXI for WiiU?

if anything it shows the nx should be a handheld because thats the only thing thats a much more guarentee selling more than a home console, so im not sure what your getting at

A handheld would have BC though so it wouldn't require a version as the 3DS version would be playable on launch.

Wyrdness said:
bobgamez said:

A handheld would have BC though so it wouldn't require a version as the 3DS version would be playable on launch.

how do we know it has backwards compatiability

Around the Network
bobgamez said:

Because as a handheld only it'd make it easier for 3DS owners to migrate over to the new platform, the's no reason the to be no BC on a device that is handheld only. This is why all the handhelds have had BC as migration is much smoother and hardware is a lot closer in compatibility.

Miyamotoo said:
radha said:
I just want a Wii U for US150... this is bringing that closer to reality

Well Wii U official price is still $300 so I don't think we ever see $150 official price.

Retailers with stalled inventory will make sales to clear inventory, im waiting for that :D

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Mr.Playstation said:
Sure looks like. 4 years is a super short lifespan for the WII U though.

I think it's pretty acceptable. Most of the userbase will understand the situation tbh.

It certainly wouldn't put me off a future Nintendo console.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Wyrdness said:
bobgamez said:

Because as a handheld only it'd make it easier for 3DS owners to migrate over to the new platform, the's no reason the to be no BC on a device that is handheld only. This is why all the handhelds have had BC as migration is much smoother and hardware is a lot closer in compatibility.

And this one might be different, with digital download stores its becoming less and less relavent for backwards compatibility. we know next to nothing about this device. The Wii U is a failure simply put, the reason they didn't put it on it is because it is a huge risk. nx being a handheld, would make it not a huge risk to put the new dragon quest on the system. but once again, neither of us know what it is and there are 0 signs pointing to anything

Well I'll be getting it on day one myself. I don't regret getting the Wii, 3DS and Wii U on day one personally.