By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon will sell MINIMUM 3 million lifetime, 5 million is possible as well.

How much is going to sell Splatoon?

under 3 million 46 27.71%

between 3 and 3.5 million 39 23.49%

between 3.5 and 4 million 29 17.47%

between 4 and 4.5 million 20 12.05%

between 4.5 and 5 million 12 7.23%

more than 5 million 19 11.45%

Total:165

I think it will end at around 3.75 million. I don't really see 5 million being possible though.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network
illdill1987 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

The point about Nintendo to discontinued Wii U make no sense, considering in the worst scenario Wii U will be discontinued in 2017, and Splatoon can hit 3 million by end of 2015. :)

But of course you didn't know this...

I know everything. Nintendo might not DISCONTINUE the Wii U until 2017. But what is coming out for it in 2016? The Wii U has no future and people can see this. Nintendo is putting most of it's resources into the NX. So until the Wii U gets a serious price drop there is no point in buying a dying system. And that will limit splatoons appeal to new players. As far as the people who own a Wii U I imagine most of them who were going to buy Splatoon already have and that the sales will drop significantly next month and continue to go down. Just as I said Smash Brothers did. Flat line in no time.

You seriusly don't understand the point.

SPLATOON CAN HIT 3 MILLION ONLY THIS YEAR. Forgot 2016 or later.

" But I can guarantee atleast one more person will buy Splatoon very soon and that is me. ;) "

That's good, we talk about one of the best games of this year so far, enjoy it. ;D

Why do you compare it to Titanfall's second month? Splatoon only came out on May 28th, so it was on sale for 3 days in May. Titanfall came out on March 11th, so it was on sale for 21 days in its first month. So its not surprising at all that Splatoon sold more in its second month.

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood what you said. Ignore this post! 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

So its not surprising at all that Splatoon sold more in its second month.

The surprised is that it sold more than double, not a bit more.

Ryng_Tolu said:

MoHasanie said:

So its not surprising at all that Splatoon sold more in its second month.

Are you saying that Splatoon sold more than Titanfall in it's second month, or that Splatoon sold more than Titanfall in June 2015? If its the later, then I don't get the comparison. 

Around the Network
Ruler said:
The game will drop quickley ounce the NX is out, last gen nintendo hardware isnt known to sell games or units ounce new nintendo hardware is out

Bruh its the opposite lol

MoHasanie said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Are you saying that Splatoon sold more than Titanfall in it's second month, or that Splatoon sold more than Titanfall in June 2015? If its the later, then I don't get the comparison. 

I sayng the second month of the sales, Splatoon has more than doubled Titanfall sales in the US.

Titanfall

1,000,000 ------> 140,000

Splatoon

136,000 -------> 290,000

To be fair, is true what you say, Splatoon is coming the last week of May VS Titanfall that is coming the second week of March... but still... both sold very good, but legs are a important factor for the lifetime sales.

Ryng_Tolu said:
MoHasanie said:

I sayng the second month of the sales, Splatoon has more than doubled Titanfall sales in the US.

Titanfall

1,000,000 ------> 140,000

Splatoon

136,000 -------> 290,000

To be fair, is true what you say, Splatoon is coming the last week of May VS Titanfall that is coming the second week of March... but still... both sold very good, but legs are a important factor for the lifetime sales.

Ah right, I agree that Splatoon has better legs but we should compare Splatoon and Titanfall's 3rd month since that would be a more fair comparison. 

Those sales are definitely deserved! I wonder how much a sequel for the NX would sell!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

4.2 million lifetime, methinks now. Rather insane. Will certainly be one of the most succesful new IPs this gen. I hope Horizon can push numbers like these, cause it looks insanely awesome.