By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square to go ROTTR on FFVII Remake and reveal other platforms?

I hope it comes to the xboxone

Around the Network

Yup, it will come to PC and X1 eventually. I'm not sure if it will be before or after the release though. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Il think it will be PS4/PC for FF VII R since X1 is irrelevant for japanese games now ( square enix understood it after thé big failure of type 0 on One )

And i guess if they wanted to released FF VII R on One, they would released thé port first, but they wont

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

There are a few things to consider that separate FFVII:R from RotTR:

1. The PS4 has a very significant sales advantage over its competitors in the console space.
2. Console JRPGs, even Final Fantasy, sell way, way, way better on Playstation than on other platforms.
3. This game isn't coming out for a very long time. I will be genuinely surprised if it comes out before Holiday 2018. If there's a six month or even an year long exclusivity deal for the PS4, we may find ourselves at the very end of the generation by the time the game could come to Xbox One.

My guess is that when they give more details on the exclusivity offer, they will offer something vague along the lines of "once the exclusivity deal is over, we will consider moving the game to other, unspecified, platforms."

Aerys said:
 if they wanted to released FF VII R on One, they would released thé port first, but they wont

So much agree with this,  and also if people giving a reason because FF XV is coming to Xbox i think if they announce after they see the sales of PS4 and FF type O sales on Xbox One they probably canceled FF Series on Xbox One.

They probably could release it,  but Microsoft have to pay for other agreement to SE, because their consoles sales is not guarantee to sell JRPG game  on their platform,  And also Japanese Xbox One is in endangered situation. 

Around the Network

I don't care where it goes, I just want to know more about the remake. If it was an XB1 true exclusive, I'd have bought an XB1 for it, no hesitation.

I think they haven't decided yet whether it will be on xb1 or not since development is far away. If things don't improve in Europe and Japan, the game will end up skipping the platform. PC version is a given.

Beta is closed until they fix all the issues.

More news soon.

Ruler said:
IamAwsome said:
I seriously don't see why the game wouldn't come to XB1. Final Fantasy 13 sold well enough to prove that there is a fanbase on Xbox. 13-2 didn't sell very well, but that was likely a reaction to the first game being a terrible game. The audience is definitely there.

World of Final Fantasy coming to other platforms is a better question.

the low sales of X2, Lighting returns and FF0  prove that releasing the game on Xbox One isnt rentable 

If we follow that example there is no demand for FF XV, FF world or FF VII remake anywhere, Sales were terrible in general.

I'm fairly sure if FF VII remake released on Xbox One it would make an easy 500k-1M sales at a minimum and thats money in SE's pocket unless Sony ant to pay them for it to be a  "console" exclusive.

In Nomura's interview with Famitsu regarding FFVII, he said that the platforms after the PS4 are still undecided. So Sony and SE are still discussing the terms for the deal.

PC is obvious. XBO is really unlikely because of several factors. FF Type-0 gave us a snapshot of the JRPG fanbase split in the US/UK & worldwide. It turned out to be 4 to 1 and 9 to 1, respectively, both favoring the PS4. Because Type-0 contained the FFXV demo, it also caused a ripple effect on FFXV preorders. One Best Buy store Abdiel checked had 300 preorders for the PS4 version vs. only 10 for the XBO version. Kagari also pointed out that the XBO version of Type-0 sold below Microsoft's minimum print order in the US, which is not.... good.

Also, the JRPG market isn't static. The JRPG fanbase split now will not be the same 2-3 years later. It's going to skew even further into PS4's favor because it is getting several JRPGs the XBO will not have. Dragon Quest Heroes I & II, Sword Art Online: Lost Song, Disgaea 5, Nier 2, Star Ocean 5, Yoru no nai Kuni, Hyperdimension V.II, Ys, God Eater, the list goes on and on. I do not see as much Japanese support on the XBO. In fact, what else does it have other than KHIII and FFXV?

I often hear people use the sales performance of the 360 version of FFXIII as a counterargument. However, there are three flaws in this argument. (1) The XBO is not the 360. The 360 had a lot of JRPG support early in its lifecycle whereas we don't see that with the XBO; (2) Microsoft had marketing rights to FFXIII and even launched a FFXIII Special Edition bundle; and (3) FFXIII launched on PS3 & 360 simultaneously. FFVII will come out on the PS4 first. The sales potential of a hypothetical XBO version will be greatly diminished.

Is an XBO version possible? Yes. However, if I have to put money down and can't flake out, I will have to bet on the XBO version not happening.