By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square to go ROTTR on FFVII Remake and reveal other platforms?

vivster said:
Dr.Vita said:

This.

So it's PS4 first and then PSP to sell something in Japan.

No its PS4 first and then Sony gives SQEX a building to keep it off of Vita so PS4 has finally got some sales potential in Japan

Around the Network

I seriously don't see why the game wouldn't come to XB1. Final Fantasy 13 sold well enough to prove that there is a fanbase on Xbox. 13-2 didn't sell very well, but that was likely a reaction to the first game being a terrible game. The audience is definitely there.

World of Final Fantasy coming to other platforms is a better question.

Drakrami said:

Most people already assumed FF7 Remake will be on XB1, dont ask me why. 

I believe the real surprise will be FF7 Remake announced not coming to XB1. But I am pretty sure Microsoft will do everything in their power to talk Square into not doing this. So the chances of this happening is slim. 

Here in Australia EB games are already taking preorders for it

https://ebgames.com.au/xbox-one-210047-Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-placeholder-pricing-Xbox-One

Also best product overview ever

It's coming! (´∀`)/

yes but maybe it will only come to the PC like the original FF7

IamAwsome said:
I seriously don't see why the game wouldn't come to XB1. Final Fantasy 13 sold well enough to prove that there is a fanbase on Xbox. 13-2 didn't sell very well, but that was likely a reaction to the first game being a terrible game. The audience is definitely there.

World of FF was very clear if you paid a lick of

attention.  PS4, Vita and PC.

Around the Network

It coming vita Lol

IamAwsome said:

the low sales of X2, Lighting returns and FF0  prove that releasing the game on Xbox One isnt rentable 

AbbathTheGrim said:

Square revealed that Rise of the Tomb Raider would be coming to both PC and PS4 before the release of the game on Xbone and Xbox360, the timing of the announcement possibly took most by surprise.

Final Fantasy VII Remake was announced by Square in Sony's last e3 and said to be a "Playstation 4 first" game, which begs the question if Square will do the same with FFVIIR as they did with ROTTR and announce more platforms for the game before the release of the game on PS4.

Do you think Square will reveal other platforms for FFVII Remake before the release on PS4?

Is FFVIIR situation any different to that of Rise Of The Tomb Rider? If so, why?

What other platforms do you think FFVIIR could be eventually announced for?

Well unlike RoTR no one is trying to claim or imply that FFVIIR is PS4 exclusive, so I think everyone is expecting some announcement about other platforms at some stage. When you say "first" it means something will come second, and maybe even 3rd, 4th and 5th. So with this game there's no boiling controversy over what the announcement means for other platforms, everyone is just waiting to see. Besides which FFVII was originally PS exclusive and for a remake to go on any platform other than PS is really a bonus. This is the complete opposite of the RoTR situaion, including the fact RoTR is a whole new game and FFVIIR is not.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

sabvre42 said:
IamAwsome said:

World of FF was very clear if you paid a lick of

attention.  PS4, Vita and PC.

The trailer said "Play it First on PS4 and Vita 2016".  I don't remember Square Enix saying anything else about it. 

The FF7 Remake is many years away, talking about additional plattforms right now is a waste of time.