By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square to go ROTTR on FFVII Remake and reveal other platforms?

asqarkabab said:
I hope it stays exclusive to the ps4

Why? What do you get out of it excluding the game from others?

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
asqarkabab said:

Why not? This Game belongs to the Playstation. And i hope too that this game never come to the Xbone. This Console and especially Microsoft dont deserve a Game like this

Moderated - Starcraft

I am from Switzerland, so please accept my bad english ;)

"Normally, most of the B-teams of the DC Universe should have no problem with either Goku or any other SSJ out there, Gotenks and Vegito included. I think Black Adam would be enough, easily, to end them both. Maybe Booster Gold, if he could stop being a fuck up for a while."

Jinxrake aka best Comedian ever

Faelco said:

I think the deal isn't done yet. Like Kitler said, I think SE won't make the TR mistake twice (so early), they will wait a bit before making any decision about the platforms. The insiders are saying "SFV type of deal", but we'll see. The Dragon Quest 11 announcement could give us an idea about the SE/Sony relationship atm. 

Kagari says the deal is similar to SFV's. Let's say FFVII is indeed PS4/PC-only. The identical part is that both games are on these two platforms. The part where it the deals differ is that both versions of SFV will be released simulataneously. On the other hand, FFVII will be out on PS4 first, then PC.

Blob said:

Im still discounting the 7 -1 ratio as a good gauge of future FF sales. FF7 is one the biggest and most well known ever. It's not an overpriced PSP port of a game very few had heard about.

There is definitely more of a JRPG market on the PS4, I cannot deny that. But saying that FF7 has the same marketablity as FFTO HD is something I cannot agree with. I think FF15 sales will more likely decide where FF7 goes.

You do know that the XBO of Type-0 couldn't even do the bare minimum in the console's strongest market... Even if we dismiss Type-0, FFXIII doesn't put the XBO version of FFVII's situation in better light. The PS3 version outsold the 360 version in the US, despite MS having marketing rights to the game and a substantial lead in the market. They even released a bundle. This gen, the XBO is behind in the US and is doing worse than its predecessor outside of the US/UK.

Of course not guys. TR is a last minute, half hearted deal which is why its falling apart the way it is. FF7:R is not.

Azzanation said:
asqarkabab said:

Because fuck XB1.

Moderated By - PwerlvlAmy

Around the Network

I honestly think it won't matter. FF VII R could come to other platforms yet the vast majority of sales will be on PS4, as FF fanbase has many reasons to be on PS4 rather than on other consoles.

Hope this game comes to all platforms, I had the original the PC and PS1 but this game deserves more audience. Those saying it doesn't belong on anything else are just immature. FF games weren't exactly PS games, so saying it should stay on PS is like me saying it should of stayed on Nintendo.