By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square to go ROTTR on FFVII Remake and reveal other platforms?

kitler53 said:
do they have to? the game is clearly coming to xbox after some period of exclusivity.

clearly?

What has been said to make you think this?

It think its safe to say it goes to PC at some point. The only reason I think it "might" go to Xbox is if FF XV sells very well on the console. If FF XV under performs on the XB1 I think it is "cleary not going to be on the Xbox".  But again, good sales for FF XV on XB1, no way square does not port it.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

I'm sure that it's coming to PC at the very least. It's possibly that it could release on the wii u and xbox one.

Probably XB1 and PC. Maybe the NX, but Ill have to check the temperature in hell first...

No matter what fanboys might claim,there is no way either Sony of Microsoft would pay for absolute exclusivity of a 3rd party game. The cost is way to high to be financially reasonable. So yes,Final Fantasy 7 will eventually come to PC and Xbox One.

tokilamockingbrd said:
kitler53 said:
do they have to? the game is clearly coming to xbox after some period of exclusivity.

clearly?

It think its safe to say it goes to PC at some point. The only reason I think it "might" go to Xbox is if FF XV sells very well on the console. If FF XV under performs on the XB1 I think it is "cleary not going to be on the Xbox".  But again, good sales for FF XV on XB1, no way square does not port it.

the PR was "play it first" not console exclusive.   sony has been very clear in thei partial exclusivity deals.  if the only words they used are play it first then it isn't exclusive in anything other than time.  

Around the Network
Lortsamler said:
No matter what fanboys might claim,there is no way either Sony of Microsoft would pay for absolute exclusivity of a 3rd party game. The cost is way to high to be financially reasonable. So yes,Final Fantasy 7 will eventually come to PC and Xbox One.

Street Fighter V?

KLXVER said:
Lortsamler said:

Street Fighter V?

Street Fighter V is coming to PC and PS4,and not a absolute exclusive,besides i doubt the budget for Street Fighter V is similar to titles like for example Assassins Creed.  

Lortsamler said:
KLXVER said:

Street Fighter V?

Street Fighter V is coming to PC and PS4,and not a absolute exclusive,besides i doubt the budget for Street Fighter V is similar to titles like for example Assassins Creed.  

Fair enough.

kitler53 said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

clearly?

the PR was "play it first" not console exclusive.   sony has been very clear in thei partial exclusivity deals.  if the only words they used are play it first then it isn't exclusive in anything other than time.  

I think the deal isn't done yet. Like Kitler said, I think SE won't make the TR mistake twice (so early), they will wait a bit before making any decision about the platforms. The insiders are saying "SFV type of deal", but we'll see. The Dragon Quest 11 announcement could give us an idea about the SE/Sony relationship atm. 

Faelco said:
kitler53 said:

I think the deal isn't done yet. Like Kitler said, I think SE won't make the TR mistake twice (so early), they will wait a bit before making any decision about the platforms. The insiders are saying "SFV type of deal", but we'll see. The Dragon Quest 11 announcement could give us an idea about the SE/Sony relationship atm. 

the only reason i can see this not coming to xbox is because SE decides (on it's own, no money exchange) to not release it on xbox.  this title will be skewed towards japan where xbox is non existant and ps4 is dominating in europe and winning in america.  perhaps SE just decides the port isn't worth the man-hours but i still doubt it.   a port should be fairly easy,.. it's not like SE is some small indie with no experience working with xbox.  i'm very confident this comes to xbox.