By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Some off screen footage of BLOODSTAINED: Ritual of the Night. How close do you think it will come to looking concept? Better or worse than MN9?

Samus Aran said:
Ruler said:
Samus Aran said:

Thanks for proving my point.

Oh and next time don't include a screenshot of Super Metroid please. It kind of destroys your credibility. ;)

what point? The picture isnt even the fullscreen and yet still looks better than super metoid. SotN had a higher resolution, transperent sprites, seperated backgrounds moving, 3D animated sprites, 3D effects, and more detail in the background than all of the games including super metoid

1) I never mentioned Super Metroid, I think that game looks like ass.

2) I'm not talking about what's more impressive on a technical level. I'm talking about what looks good.

3) Less is more, beauty lies in simplicity, etcetera. Those 3D effects you're bragging about have aged horribly.

4) The SoTN pictures/GIFs would look a lot worse in full screen, not better. The game is no sight to behold on a big HD TV.

3. nope

4. you can play it on the vita

Around the Network

Bloodstained is barely in development. Bitching over background layouts at this point is incredibly pointless.

This is pretty old actually.

Looks decent imo.

Opinions vary, guys.

Dont let one persons opinion on if something looks good or not piss you off, especially when we are so far away from release and watching an old video

There is a lot of time for these visuals to improve.

Around the Network

Not only is this footage old as it is, but it's merely serving as a proof-of-concept and is not indicative of the final product by any means. They're not going to flesh out the animation and work on aesthetics before there is solid gameplay behind it. Frankly, they could have used generic test-dummy models so people would have focused less on the visuals and more on the actual movement and gameplay.

And to me, personally, it's already looking nice and alleviates some fears I had about it being 2.5D. If this is what it looks like in its roughest, most bare-bones stage, I have no complaints.