By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Trend Thursdays (Official next-gen social media trends | twitter: clear and unbiased)

Nice thread, I hope to see correlation to big game releases and holidays.

Around the Network

I like this idea .

If I may offer a suggestion, illustrated on the graph it would be nice to see the correlation between peaks and troughs and certain gaming news/events/announcements.

Might as well make it Nintendo - Nintendo Wii or Nintendo Wii U or Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo N3DS

Edit: You see guys, this is why you read all the posts in the OP before posting. Don't be like Slarvax

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Farsala said:
Nice thread, I hope to see correlation to big game releases and holidays.

It really should be interesting.

Last year during the Game Awards, Zelda WiiU single handedly outdid PS4 entirely on twitter.

So big games do matter a great deal.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Trend Thursdays has been updated! Gamescom boost was pretty "meh". What do you guys think?

Around the Network

nice work.

what happened on 7/27 to make ps4 spike?

huiii said:
nice work.

what happened on 7/27 to make ps4 spike?

I'm experimenting adding what causes things to peak.

Let me know if you guys prefer this. A PS4 Mouse/Keyboard was announced.

Leadified said:
I like this idea .

If I may offer a suggestion, illustrated on the graph it would be nice to see the correlation between peaks and troughs and certain gaming news/events/announcements.

Let me know what you think of the above. Unfortunately troughs are impossible to explain with accuracy.

Cool idea, especially with the holidays coming up. Will be interesting to see what happens when a new bundle is announced for example.

Protendo said:
huiii said:

I'm experimenting adding what causes things to peak.

Let me know if you guys prefer this. A PS4 Mouse/Keyboard was announced.

[img]

Thanks. I didn't think keyboard an mouse was such a big deal. It gave ps4 about an equal boost to gamescom/xb1....    O_o

I think context for the spikes would definitely be helpful. Personally i don't mind how you did it in the graph above, looks good (as long as it doesn't get too cluttered).

You make really good looking graphis Protendo.

I like that this one explains why there are spikes, eg the PS4 keyboard+mouse, and the Xbox One Gamescom conference.