By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest 11 to be announced on july 28?

Xxain said:
Samus Aran said:

I think no one will be able to claim that third parties aren't biased against Nintendo if it is on PS4.

Because there's simply no way that a PS4 DQ game will make as much profit on the 3DS. I'm sure people will try to bring "The West" argument into this debate, but they're ignoring the fact that DQ has never been big in the West and MH4U on the 3DS is the fastest selling MH game in the West to date. So it's not like third party games in the West are doomed to fail on the 3DS...

... But you are not considering the fact the SE IS DEDICATED to re establishing the Japan CONSOLE market. They also announced that they would be shifting to PS4 development. Hori himself was more than plesed with DQ heroes that nearly dropped the bomb then and there. What should that tell you about how SE will handle their popular IP release. 

Do NOT set yourself up for disappointment.

Uh? I'm not expecting DQ on the 3DS, I'm just saying that would be the smartest decision.
SQuare-Enix's handheld support is terrible and they're getting trounced by a much smarter company: Level-5.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Xxain said:
Samus Aran said:

I think no one will be able to claim that third parties aren't biased against Nintendo if it is on PS4.

Because there's simply no way that a PS4 DQ game will make as much profit on the 3DS. I'm sure people will try to bring "The West" argument into this debate, but they're ignoring the fact that DQ has never been big in the West and MH4U on the 3DS is the fastest selling MH game in the West to date. So it's not like third party games in the West are doomed to fail on the 3DS...

... But you are not considering the fact the SE IS DEDICATED to re establishing the Japan CONSOLE market. They also announced that they would be shifting to PS4 development. Hori himself was more than plesed with DQ heroes that nearly dropped the bomb then and there. What should that tell you about how SE will handle their popular IP release. 

Uh? I'm not expecting DQ on the 3DS, I'm just saying that would be the smartest decision.
SQuare-Enix's handheld support is terrible and they're getting trounced by a much smarter company: Level-5.

SE's handheld support is terrible because that is not their focus. Its not dumb or wrong to not want to develop for Nintendo. They have Japan's console market struggle on their shoulders and that is where focus is at.

Xxain said:
Samus Aran said:
Xxain said:
Samus Aran said:

SE's handheld support is terrible because that is not their focus. Its not dumb or wrong to not want to develop for Nintendo. They have Japan console on their shoulder and thats where focus is.

A company should go where the money is. "Having Japanese console on their shoulder" is really not an argument. Besides, they haven't supported Wii U either, so your argument is false.

Samus Aran said:

Except everything they did with the franchise the last two decades suggests otherwise. They haven't even localized DQ VII on the 3DS yet!

MH4U sold better in the West than any other MH game before. Why could the same not be done on the 3DS? For far cheaper costs and bigger profits as well.

SE just want another DQ8, and the only logical choice to get a good DQ with great cell-shading graphics is the ps4.

Namiirei said:
Samus Aran said:

Except everything they did with the franchise the last two decades suggests otherwise. They haven't even localized DQ VII on the 3DS yet!

MH4U sold better in the West than any other MH game before. Why could the same not be done on the 3DS? For far cheaper costs and bigger profits as well.

SE just want another DQ8, and the only logical choice to get a good DQ with great cell-shading graphics is the ps4.

Why not the Wii U and PS4 then? Look at how good SMT X FE looks.

And not making an exclusive DQ mainline game for the 3DS is inexusable (why not have two mainline DQ games? One for HH and one for home consoles?)

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Xxain said:
Samus Aran said:
Xxain said:
Samus Aran said:

SE's handheld support is terrible because that is not their focus. Its not dumb or wrong to not want to develop for Nintendo. They have Japan console on their shoulder and thats where focus is.

A company should go where the money is. "Having Japanese console on their shoulder" is really not an argument. Besides, they haven't supported Wii U either, so your argument is false.

My argument is false??? What argument? I have not said anything can be argued. 

They have not supported Wii U, but have supported PlayStation.

What crazy months for PS4, E3, many announcements like Dragon Quest Builders, TR 2 on PS4, and now DQ XI exclusive announced ?!

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Samus Aran said:

Lol, more money than the 3DS? You think they don't know that? The Dragon Quest guys want to create a game on a powerful console, not the 3DS.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
Samus Aran said:

Lol, more money than the 3DS? You think they don't know that? The Dragon Quest guys want to create a game on a powerful console, not the 3DS.

And that's why Square Enix makes less profit than a company that's ten times smaller. You guys are thinking like fans, not like business men.

Ali_16x said:
Samus Aran said:

*sigh* .... Power is not a factor. Giving Japanese gamers a reason to get consoles and stay their is. Plus PS4 popularity in the in west. 2 birds one stone.