By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something is wrong between Square Enix and Microsoft ? Tomb Raider

It was obviously not a part of the deal to announce the PS4 version months before One release, now some will obviously wait instead of buying a console for one game, and even PC version, before X1 release, is that a mistake from Square Enix or ... ?

What do you think ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

It's either someone saying something they shouldn't have said or Microsoft not thinking the whole situation through properly. I was personally expecting PS4 and PC announcements early 2016 after the Holiday effect is over.

How can you state something is obvious without having any information to back you up? Just sounds like conjecture to stir the pot to me.

RavenXtra said:
How can you state something is obvious without having any information to back you up? Just sounds like conjecture to stir the pot to me.

I think he just did. The how is in the ether.

Aerys said:

It was obviously not a part of the deal to announce the PS4 version months before One release, now some will obviously wait instead of buying a console for one game, and even PC version, before X1 release, is that a mistake from Square Enix or ... ?

What do you think ?

Not sure sure if many people out there were really considering getting a Xbone only for Tomb Raider.   It's a good game, but not as compelling as GoW and Halo. Far from that honestly.

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:

You really think Spencer would have allowed in the deal to announce the PS4 version before X1 version release ? It seems impossible. It just decrease the potential sales considerably while they paid for this deal, this makes no sense

Maybe a mistake from someone working at square enix, but now, too late to fix it

Nothing wrong between them.

Just Square Enix is all wrong betting in the wrong horse before the gen begin... now they are trying to fix these things.

zumnupy10 said:
Aerys said:

What do you think ?

Not sure sure if many people out there were really considering getting a Xbone only for Tomb Raider.   It's a good game, but not as compelling as GoW and Halo. Far from that honestly.

Well , 4M-6M TR have been sold i think, it's not nothing, surely there are at least 1M fans among them for who it is a system seller

ethomaz said:
Nothing wrong between them.

Just Square Enix is all wrong betting in the wrong horse before the gen begin... now they are trying to fix these things.

Unless it is just an oral agreement, Square will have to pay some amount of money to microsoft for revealing it before 2016 i think

This was always gonna be a timed exclusive, but as soon as the backlash was bigger than square expected, they probably re-did the deal with microsoft whereby they still get exclusivity but they should be able to announce the game for other platforms.

Personally the only company this will affect if it turns out to be a bad deal is Crystal. Square don't need tomb raider to be successful, they're doing quite well, microsoft has many other exclusives and sony have plenty of games to keep them company up until the next holidays.