By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something is wrong between Square Enix and Microsoft ? Tomb Raider

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 12 November 2019

Around the Network
Soonerman said:
I hope Microsoft does a hostile takeover on SE and dismantle all their workforce and kill their franchises. That'd be a great way to tell them to f-off to them and Sony just for messing with them.

1.) Japanese company -- not happening. Sony is more likely to buy Square (they used to own 8% of the company).
2.) Why would you wish people to lose their jobs... and investors to lose their money because your console of choice's game got revealed to be going to other platforms as people already knew?

who care! i wait holiday 2016 (it be pack with all the DLC at no extra charge , i got enough game to play until then)
who know final fantasy might be 1 year exclusive to PS4 has well (that be killer!!)

sabvre42 said:
Soonerman said:
I hope Microsoft does a hostile takeover on SE and dismantle all their workforce and kill their franchises. That'd be a great way to tell them to f-off to them and Sony just for messing with them.

1.) Japenese company -- not happening. Sony is more likely to buy Square (they used to own 8% of the company).
2.) Why would you wish people to lose their jobs... and investors to lose their money because your console of choice's game got revealed to be going to other platforms as people already knew?

I put quite a bit of sarcasm in my statement because people blow things out of proportion just like this thread is as if announcing the release date is going to kill all of Xbox One potential sales for the game.

BraLoD said:
I don't understand the difference that make it comes to Steam earlier than PS4.
Did Microsoft really went like: " I'll give you this money, so avoid the PS4 is top priority"?
Or is it Square Enix wanting to avoid Uncharted? Or Sony demanding something decently big new for the release?

I see some reasons.

1) Square-enix obviously don't want to compete with uncharted 4, so they don't release TR the same time.

2) When a game came later on ps3, it must had additional content to be accepted on the platform (Tales of vesperia, star ocean, eternal sonata, etc, etc..), maybe it's the same thing here.

Around the Network
Soonerman said:

MS would have done that if they cared more about Xbox. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

It was always "exclusive" to holiday only. So from day one this was assumed. Plus people seemed pissed about the ambiguity anyway, now you know. People should be thrilled about this. Now it's very clear. I wish I had some clarity on No Man's Sky ever coming to Xbox One.

It's no different than Sony's deal with Destiny. They had "exclusive" content that was announced as not coming to Xbox until "fall of 2015."

dangerguy said:
It was always "exclusive" to holiday only. So from day one this was assumed. Plus people seemed pissed about the ambiguity anyway, now you know. People should be thrilled about this. Now it's very clear. I wish I had some clarity on No Man's Sky ever coming to Xbox One.

It's no different than Sony's deal with Destiny. They had "exclusive" content that was announced as not coming to Xbox until "fall of 2015."

The only (likely) timed exclusives i care about is whether or not SMITE and Neverwinter are coming to PS4. In neverwinter's case ... its pretty much WHEN is it coming to PS4 (its kinda been announced).

Both seem like stupid choices to put on a console thats only popular in the United States, whereas, both genres are more popular overseas.

I think square realized that what MS laid them won't cover the lost PC and PS4 sales. PS4 owners won't want to pay full price for a year old game.

I think square realized that what MS laid them won't cover the lost PC and PS4 sales. PS4 owners won't want to pay full price for a year old game.