By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rocket League: A bigger get for the PS4 than we're giving it credit?

vivster said:
Today I played for the first time on PC. It's a pretty different feeling with high resolution+AA+rocksolid framerate. I think I may switch completely to it as soon as I do the plat on PS4.

Welcome to PC gaming... MUAHAHAHAHA

Around the Network

I really think it and Resogun are the two surprise successes of the PS Plus instant game collection. Hopefully we get more in the future.

Protendo said:
vivster said:
Today I played for the first time on PC. It's a pretty different feeling with high resolution+AA+rocksolid framerate. I think I may switch completely to it as soon as I do the plat on PS4.

Welcome to PC gaming... MUAHAHAHAHA

Well it's not my first time on PC. Just for Rocket League. Though I usually enjoy consoles more for the console feel. This is probably gonna change as soon as I get that fucking bluetooth working so I can use my controller on the couch.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Well it's not my first time on PC. Just for Rocket League. Though I usually enjoy consoles more for the console feel. This is probably gonna change as soon as I get that fucking bluetooth working so I can use my controller on the couch.

Wireless controllers are the bane of PC gaming. I just gave up trying and settled with wired.

GribbleGrunger said:
Angelv577 said:

and it will get better based on how fast the game has spread across the gamers.  Twitch has made a tremendous job in letting people know about the game.

I've just checked Youtube and it's exploded there too. This guy has over 1m views:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat-BuEo_OE

This makes me want the game!

play it, it's in fact very addictive.  At first I was on the fence after watching many people on twitch playing like a pro, then I decided to give it a try and after only 2 days, I was holding up pretty well.  Just started playing the training, then moved to a few matches with the AI and once I got better, moved to online matches.  So far, it has worked pretty well.  I even manage to score 5 goals all by myself in a 3 vs 3 online match.  it's not as fun to play with the AI as it's online but it helps to get better.

Around the Network

Its a good game that's doing well cause it's free. If it wasn't free, it wouldn't be popular.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Its a good game that's doing well cause it's free. If it wasn't free, it wouldn't be popular.

that's interesting, as it seems quite popular on steam (where it isn't free) aswell with 260k sales according to Steamspy (not sure about the accuracy of that site) and popularity actually increasing the last few days (over 30k sales per day)

MoHasanie said:

that might true but also being free on ps plus doesn't guarantee huge downloads.  Of all the ps plus games released so far, there isn't a game that has got at least half the download that rocket league got based on the total likes and ratings, so apparently the game is doing something the other aren't

vivster said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
it looks fun but not anything overly amazing imo

There are only 2 kinds of people in this world. People who think Rocket League is amazing and people who haven't played it yet.

or three, people who cant accept that people do not feel the same as they do :P

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

MoHasanie said:

If it was that easy then every game that's free on PS+ or GWG would go through something similar, but they simply don't. Yes being free with PS+ is helping this game massively with exposure but the thing is that in the situation of this game I'm actually quite sure that once the PS+ deal is over the game will continue to be popular and will have only benefitted from the initial playerbase the free month has given it.