By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you need from Nintendo to deliver with NX?

I need something different from the PS4/XOne that is a step forward from last gen and is fun to play. That's pretty much it for me. That may or not be the best course for their bottom line though.

Around the Network

1. Fun

As long as it get's lots of great games, I'll be happy. I don't need it to be powerful or get third party support.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

yvanjean said:

1. The console can't be expensive, around $250.

2. The NX will have to be vastly more powerful then WiiU, can't be a step backward.

3. Backward compability and full integration of WiiU marketplace is a must. 

4. I would be happy with hybrid console and portable device has long as it's more powerfull then a WiiU.

5. I don't need the NX to have 3rd party support, just a great line up from Nintendo and Partners.

6. Nintendo need to focus on core gamers, if NX is marketed for kids and casual, I'll simply wait out 2-3 years and buy every thing used.

1. OVER $250 doesn't equal expensive, although it starts to get there when it's over $299.

2. Define vastly and get your priorities straight. No console can be vastly more powerfull than Wii U and release costing $249 in 2016/2017. However, a release in 2017 for $299 can get a console around 9x more powerfull than Wii U (3x more powerfull than ps4), with a 5+ tflops gpu and 20gb of RAM.

3. It's certainly good.

4. The idea is silly. If it's a portable, it will be weaker than Wii U and if it plays as a powerfull home console, it will be too much for a portable to handle.

5. We always get a great lineup from nintendo but it would be great if third parties remembered how to do their own job. 

6. Nintendo has always focused on core gamers, unlike the competitors and their games with almost no challenge. Of course it will also be marketed for kids, since nintendo likes to catter to everyone. And there's no such thing as casuals.

Want to play Mario Galaxy 3 (or whatever the next Mario 3D game) is? Splatoon 2? Mario Kart 9? Smash Brothers Next? The following Zelda game? Maybe a F-Zero? The "real" Animal Crossing sequel?

You're going to have to buy an NX. That's simply all there is to it.

Around the Network
yvanjean said:

1. The console can't be expensive, around $250.

2. The NX will have to be vastly more powerful then WiiU, can't be a step backward.

3. Backward compability and full integration of WiiU marketplace is a must. 

4. I would be happy with hybrid console and portable device has long as it's more powerfull then a WiiU.

5. I don't need the NX to have 3rd party support, just a great line up from Nintendo and Partners.

6. Nintendo need to focus on core gamers, if NX is marketed for kids and casual, I'll simply wait out 2-3 years and buy every thing used.

For me personally I only need good Nintendo games and console that is little stronger than Wii U and that isn't too price.

All this things NX need to have in order to be popular console:

1. Totaly agree.

2. Dont think so, it have to be powerful than Wii U obviously, but certainly will be weaker than XboxOne.

3. Maybe, Nintendo will want to sell Wii U games on NX too.

4. Again totaly agree.

5. NX does not need to have (and can't have) full 3rd party support but needs to have much better support than Wii U.

6. Dont think so, I think NX will be marketed for everyone, core, casuals and kids.

I will add some more important things:

7. Good name and great marketing.

8. Good launch titles and no software drought in first year.

9. More simpler and friendly architecture.

1. Fun
2. More great Nintendo games.
3. Profitable enough to ensure Nintendo stays in the console business.

AlfredoTurkey said:
The only thing I need is for it to be a commercial success. I know the games will be there, but if it's another sales failure, it may be the end of Nintendo's home console run and I don't want that to happen.

Yeah, this is basically how I feel. I've yet to see a Nintendo console without fantastic software, so this I think is a given. The important thing is that it's a success so Nintendo can keep doing what they do, and that they don't sell out on their core principles.

Good games, the rest doesn't matter to me

For me to be an early adopter again, it needs a strong line-up at launch. A strong line-up in the "launch-window" isn't good enough, I have little confidence they won't get delayed, so I'll just hold off.(Not a bad thing at all though, since the games are always good in the end.)

In general:
1. Good games. (A given)

2. Fun. (Likewise)

3. Just keep the Nintendo magic, no ridiculous DLC, no expensive online system (I'll pay if it's of a high quality and delivers value)

4. Try and get some sort of third-party support.

5. To keep their games output at a good level, I'd like them to acquire some bigger companies who are on the rocks (Capcom, anyone?), this would get their franchises exclusive and would help sales.

6. Capitalise on the new franchises which have found success this generation, or older ones that have had newfound success (e.g Tomodachi Collection, Splatoon & Pushmo; Kid Icarus & Fire Emblem). Don't milk them, but keep the momentum going.

7. Revive and/or reboot old franchises which need a new entry (Ice Climber, Balloon Fight, F-Zero)

8. As for price, if NX ends up being a 3DS replacement, $250 (Australian) is the max I would be happy with; less would be preferable, but the 3DS XL is still $250, so I can't see that happening. If it's a Wii U replacement, $300 is the sweetspot, $350 the absolute max. If it looks like being a fusion console that replaces both, I'd pay up to $450.