By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Vote for next Nintendo President! Speculation Thread

Who do you WANT to be the next Pres?

Miyamoto 79 18.04%

Reggie 51 11.64%

Shibata 52 11.87%

Sakurai 73 16.67%

Bill Trinen 15 3.42%

Genyo Takeda 56 12.79%

Return to the Yamauchi fa... 24 5.48%

See results/Spurgeonryan 88 20.09%

Total:438

Miyamoto earlier state that he is not interested for that position and that he still wants to be charged for game development while he preparing new staff to replace him when he goes to retirement.

I think Nintendo it's going to take some younger, more energetic and with a vision, as Iwata was 10 years ago, maybe Sakurai or someone who is not so known from Nintendo.

Around the Network

It'll be Obama.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Don Mattrick.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

I will be fine with Sakurai being the Nintendo CEO, but, I think that's nearly imposible... I think Takeda will be the next CEO. I doubt they will choose Reggie, because he's not Japanese (and I personally won't like it, he's fine in his place) and the rest are busy helping in the development process.

gut reaction is to annoint someone younger as President but then I fear that quality control and tradition might be lost to some degree. part of me wants a riskier edgier Nintendo, but not at the cost of extremely great quality

maybe Miyamoto would just be the wisest decision- he is creative and open to new things maybe more than he is credited for- was extremely actived and involved with the Wii motion controls and despite the mixed reception of that system it was at least creative with technology

hard to see it not being one of the current 2 temporary co-presidents (Surakai or whatever or Miyamoto)

Around the Network

ellen pao

Uhh...what does Sakurai know about CEO-ing again? I know Iwata and Sakurai were good friends but eh...

Honestly at this point, Reggie, Trinen, or some vet Japanese guy like Takeda will be most likely to take over (Leaning more towards Japanese CEO).

Platina said:
A younger face would be better but then again, experience is really important so I'd go with Miyamoto

My vote is Sakurai, but Trinen is missing EVO because he's human and his friend just died. Either way, I'd want him as CEO of NOA. Don't give Reggie that kind of power.

I went with Genyo Takeda - he's both the one I want and the one I expect.

I don't want Bill Trinen, Shibata or Reggie because I don't think they have what it takes to run Nintendo (they currently work in distribution/translation-focused subsidiaries). I don't want Sakurai or Miyamoto, because they need to be where they are, doing great direct work on games. And I don't see a need for the Yamauchi family to return.

Genyo Takeda has experience making games, but he's not essential to game development in Nintendo. He's had extensive experience managing a large part of Nintendo, and he's got experience with both software and hardware. He was a lead developer of the Wii itself. He'll be faithful to Iwata's legacy, but he'll also bring his own element to the job.

He might not be as recognisable to most of us as Iwata was... but then, Iwata wasn't all that recognisable prior to becoming President, either.

What I would like to see, though, is Reggie (and maybe Shibata) promoted to the board. Perhaps they could be General Managers of International Business, or something. Give them a little more say within Nintendo, so that Nintendo is likely to account for European/American factors when deciding on courses of action, etc.