By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Vote for next Nintendo President! Speculation Thread

Who do you WANT to be the next Pres?

Miyamoto 79 18.04%

Reggie 51 11.64%

Shibata 52 11.87%

Sakurai 73 16.67%

Bill Trinen 15 3.42%

Genyo Takeda 56 12.79%

Return to the Yamauchi fa... 24 5.48%

See results/Spurgeonryan 88 20.09%

Total:438
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
I said this in a previous thread and I will say this again. My conspiracy theory is that Kojima left Konami to take the reigns as the new President for Nintendo!

I seriously doubt Nintendo would hire someone as their new President that isn't already a Nintendo employee. That would be breaking tradition. CEO's and whatnot are groomed in Nintendo, Iwata certainly was and, as many suspect and I agree, he probably already had his successor picked out (particularly with his health deteriorating over the past year).

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
I said this in a previous thread and I will say this again. My conspiracy theory is that Kojima left Konami to take the reigns as the new President for Nintendo!

I seriously doubt Nintendo would hire someone as their new President that isn't already a Nintendo employee. That would be breaking tradition. CEO's and whatnot are groomed in Nintendo, Iwata certainly was and, as many suspect and I agree, he probably already had his successor picked out (particularly with his health deteriorating over the past year).

I know, personally I think that Reggie might take the reigns but it would be interesting if it happened.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Honestly, they need to put Reggie in charge. He always just seemed like the next rung in the ladder. Everyone else just doesn't seem (to me) to have what it takes to run a company. They are going to need someone who can make decisions and stick with them, while telling the reporters (and actually believing) it's the greatest thing to happen to video games ever! Reggie can do this in his freaking sleep. He goes as far as to tell reporters when his superiors apologize, that they weren't really apologizing. Say what you will, but that is a dude who can run a company.

Dulfite said:
Also, there is some news regarding Bill Trinen I put in the OP.

Friday is Iwata's funeral that is probably why he had to cancel his plans at EVO and go on a trip.

Daddy Sakurai knows what's up.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
As much as I'd like Sakurai to take it, I'm not sure his arm would allow him to handle the job well. Yes, he wouldn't make games anymore (or as much, at least) but there is still a lot of stuff you have to do with your arm people...

Sign documents, type/write emails CONSTANTLY and memos to co workers as well as people from other companies, Shake hands with anyone and everyone to uphold the Nintendo image, etc.

I think we greatly focus on how his arm is impacting his ability to make games and don't think about how it is impacting the rest of his life. Based on his more recent comments, I'd assume he was leaning towards an early retirement so he doesn't overtax his arm to the point that it doesn't function the rest of his life (if you've got the money, why injure yourself more? Same goes for stud football players).

as I understand it, its a mild pain in the shoulder joint... that limits how freely he can move his shoulder.

Im not sure how much it would actually impact his ability to be a game developer, or if it would even impact him as a CEO.

Its probably alot easier on him to be a CEO, than a programmer though.

Reguardless what you want a guy like him there for, isnt the manual labour, its for his desion makeing skills and the ideas he comes up with.

bigtakilla said:
Honestly, they need to put Reggie in charge. He always just seemed like the next rung in the ladder. Everyone else just doesn't seem (to me) to have what it takes to run a company. They are going to need someone who can make decisions and stick with them, while telling the reporters (and actually believing) it's the greatest thing to happen to video games ever! Reggie can do this in his freaking sleep. He goes as far as to tell reporters when his superiors apologize, that they weren't really apologizing. Say what you will, but that is a dude who can run a company.

He is a PR nightmare at times though.... there is like zero trust in him, when he says things.

Im pretty sure Reggie could just as well run the company into the ground as he could make it flurish.... Not sure if thats a good thing or not.

Id much rather a good "idea" guy got put in charge of the company.

ARamdomGamer said:
Dulfite said:
Also, there is some news regarding Bill Trinen I put in the OP.

Friday is Iwata's funeral that is probably why he had to cancel his plans at EVO and go on a trip.

Indeed, still interesting that Nintendo is cancelling so many public appearances (especially at EVO, which is a fantastic selling point for Smash). Although, I'm surprised Bill Trinen would be invited to Iwata's funeral. I mean, he is a small guy in the grand scheme of things (isn't even in charge of NoA like Reggie is) so I would have thought he wouldn't have been that close to Iwata. I guess I'm wrong though!

JRPGfan said:
Dulfite said:
As much as I'd like Sakurai to take it, I'm not sure his arm would allow him to handle the job well. Yes, he wouldn't make games anymore (or as much, at least) but there is still a lot of stuff you have to do with your arm people...

Sign documents, type/write emails CONSTANTLY and memos to co workers as well as people from other companies, Shake hands with anyone and everyone to uphold the Nintendo image, etc.

I think we greatly focus on how his arm is impacting his ability to make games and don't think about how it is impacting the rest of his life. Based on his more recent comments, I'd assume he was leaning towards an early retirement so he doesn't overtax his arm to the point that it doesn't function the rest of his life (if you've got the money, why injure yourself more? Same goes for stud football players).

as I understand it, its a mild pain in the shoulder joint... that limits how freely he can move his shoulder.

Im not sure how much it would actually impact his ability to be a game developer, or if it would even impact him as a CEO.

Its probably alot easier on him to be a CEO, than a programmer though.

Reguardless what you want a guy like him there for, isnt the manual labour, its for his desion makeing skills and the ideas he comes up with.

Smash bros 4 was delayed because he wasn't able to move things around as quickly due to the pain and he didn't trust anyone else to do it. I'd say that is pretty impactful!

I don't see Sakurai running the company, he always talks about how stressful is to make smash ganes so I don't think he can handle the stress that comes with running a company. I also think Miyamoto is not capable of handling the CEO position and I'm not sure he wants to. Reggie has been making so many mistakes recently and he's part of the reason nintendo is in a bad position in the console market I don't want to see him as CEO. Honestly I want soneone new, it may be risky but big changes need to happen at nintendo.

Not Miyamoto. Please not.