By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Vote for next Nintendo President! Speculation Thread

Who do you WANT to be the next Pres?

Miyamoto 79 18.04%

Reggie 51 11.64%

Shibata 52 11.87%

Sakurai 73 16.67%

Bill Trinen 15 3.42%

Genyo Takeda 56 12.79%

Return to the Yamauchi fa... 24 5.48%

See results/Spurgeonryan 88 20.09%

Total:438

Alright, I'm sad about Iwata. I was stunned to hear the news, especially at his age. There have been a number of people in their 50's dying lately (both that I know personally and famous people), which is strange seeming.

Still, people have been discussing the possible future presidents, but I've yet to see a poll for who you WANT to get the job. Were not talking about who will get it, but who you WANT to get it here. So, what say you?

Updates

Could Bill Trinen be shuffling around into a different position and that's why he had to cancel EVO appearance? Possibly taking over Nintendo of America while Reggie takes over as President of Nintendo? Maybe Reggie is being surpassed by Bill as NoA President because the new Nintendo President likes him more? Something else? Maybe this is just because Nintendo wants to keep a low profile until a new President is selected?

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/15/nintendos-bill-trinen-cancels-his-evo-2015-appearance/

We reported earlier last week that Nintendo of America’s Bill Trinen would be making his way to EVO 2015 to participate in their Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament. However, it looks like Trinen’s plans have changed (possibly after reconsidering the pounding Reggie recieved at the Nintendo World Championships 2015). According to his Twitter account, Trinen had a change of plans and had to cancel his trip — likely due to the recent and unexpected death of Nintendo CEO and Worldwide President, Satoru Iwata, as noted in the tweet:

On Friday, you can cheer on Pool D46 Super Smash Bros WiiU participant #Trintroll (aka @trintran) at @evo2k. Go Bill!

@GameplayDev @evo2k Unfortunately I have had a change of plans after the news this week, but I will be watching and cheering from afar.

Around the Network

Shibata !

My perfect scenario would be:

Nintendo Global CEO: Masahiro Sakurai
NoA president: Bill Triten

I want sakurai tbh. I think a younger face for Nintendo would help going forward

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

ARamdomGamer said:

What would you do with Reggie?

I love Bill, don't get me wrong. The dude is nice and extremely pr friendly but he doesn't have that "I'm here to kick butt and take names" attitude that is so refreshing about Reggie when it comes to the press. Bill is someone I want to play Wooly world with, while I giggle like a young boy and dream of rainbows and yarn, not someone whose gonna bring the heat.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
I want sakurai tbh. I think a younger face for Nintendo would help going forward

sakurai is realy struggling to make one game, he cant be president and makeing new games.

Dulfite said:
ARamdomGamer said:

What would you do with Reggie?

I love Bill, don't get me wrong. The dude is nice and extremely pr friendly but he doesn't have that "I'm here to kick butt and take names" attitude that is so refreshing about Reggie when it comes to the press. Bill is someone I want to play Wooly world with, while I giggle like a young boy and dream of rainbows and yarn, not someone whose gonna bring the heat.

Keep being Reggie, he would still be the comical guy and his attitude, he would be a perfect PR type of guy, directs and E3 would still have him, I just don't want him running the company.

Whoever makes the next Metroid happen the fastest :P

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Sure, let's hire Spurgeonryan.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:
Sure, let's hire Spurgeonryan.

but he is the running mate of donald trump...