By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Fates over sexualization is really off putting imo (pics)

ToraTiger said:
generic-user-1 said:
OnlyForDisplay said:
WhiteSky said:

is that for you too much? 

Sadly, for me, this answer truly depends on ones personal views White-San. This issue is constant throughout multimedia entertainment. Even some people viewed StarFire from the New 52 a form of artistic freedom. The big question still is "Where do both devs. and gamers draw the line between artistic freedom and over sexualization?"

there is no line because over sexualization IS artistic freedom.  if the artist would choose to make everybody naked, thats totaly fine, its his vision and not the vision of some hardliners of the victorian age...  go to saudi arabia if you cant stand half naked women.

How is this even a retort to my thread? I'm not arguing that it's illegal or morally wwrong to put this outfits in the game, I'm saying it's in poor taste and really sacrifices all the charm and character the series spent 20 years building, just to get weebs and horny teenagers to fap to anime chicks that dress inapproiately, both for the real world and for the setting/period of the series. 

you think its in poor taste, and thats totaly okay.  but i dont think its made for horny teenanger. its just a way to go with the time.(horny teenagers have deviantart, that covers everything, even sexy sonic).  and women on a battlefield are inapproiate in the setting/period, no matter if they are dressed sexy or not.

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:

you think its in poor taste, and thats totaly okay.  but i dont think its made for horny teenanger. its just a way to go with the time.(horny teenagers have deviantart, that covers everything, even sexy sonic).  and women on a battlefield are inapproiate in the setting/period, no matter if they are dressed sexy or not.

Clearly devintart doesn't "cover everything" otherwise this content wouldn't exist.  And reguardless of the game, women have always been in Fire Emblem.  It's only Awakening and Fates that has this many characters(male and female) dressed like this.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I personally despise fan service (?) like that, it just seems so unnecessary and distracting. I don't mind if there is one or two very specific characters who's personality calls for them to be overly sexy but when you make many of the characters like that and included it in many aspects of the game, it's just uuuugh.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I quite like it, not as much as Tharja's costume, but I like it. It's sexy and seductive, much how I want dark mages/sorceresses to look.

Around the Network

Sold!

padib said:
Areym said:

I personally despise fan service (?) like that, it just seems so unnecessary and distracting. I don't mind if there is one or two very specific characters who's personality calls for them to be overly sexy but when you make many of the characters like that and included it in many aspects of the game, it's just uuuugh.

It's one of the main reasons I'll never play FF X-2 though I loved FFX.

Yeah, don't bother honestly. While the combat in FFX-2 is surpringly well done, the rest is very uninspired. You're better off playing FFX 5 more times.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

forest-spirit said:

I quite like it, not as much as Tharja's costume, but I like it. It's sexy and seductive, much how I want dark mages/sorceresses to look.

Not even close with Tharja!!!!!!!!!!

Ryng_Tolu said:

Not even close with Tharja!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Tharja is godlike. I became so obsessed by her I had to order a Tharja figurine.

ToraTiger said:

To be fair, look at all the outfits of dark mages in previous FE games and compare. 

Go on, I dare you

I brought up one earlier and the thread and only one person responded to me.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.