By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Fates over sexualization is really off putting imo (pics)

IkePoR said:
outlawauron said:

I can cherry pick this too:

You can cherry pick better.  Sonia doesn't even engage in battle so that outfit can be justified.  

Did you play Fire Emblem 7? She does engage in battle . -__-

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

And, something that I haven't seen here : about the children....

In Awakening, the children of our characters come back from the future, so it's important to marry your characters in order to have children coming back to help you. The "time travel story" is really poorly used IMO (no mention of that at the end of the story, really ?), but at least the children have a purpose and an explanation.

Now, in Fates, why do you need to marry in the story ? Why do we have the Waifu and kids system ? FOR NOTHING. The "explanation" about that, from what I've read on the internet from players, is :

Your characters marry and have sex, and then put the foetus/baby (I don't know exactly) in a capsule-thingy linked to another dimension where the time pass faster. So your kids grow really fast and come to help you when they come out of their capsule. Story ? ZERO. Explanations ? ZERO. Interest ? Besides giving an alibi for having sex with your characters, ZERO.

- "Hey guys ! Let's put in our game some naked chicks, to have sex and children with, it will help the sales !
- Yeah, it worked last time, but it has nothing to do in the story of this game ?
- What's the point ? We'll find a BS one-liner to explain that, no sweat ! Naked girls AND sex, nobody will try to think and understand !"

WhiteSky said:

Is it really ecchi for you?
Design: looks like a oriental dancer outfit.
Original? - No, its the standard outfit for Dark Mage
by the way she is only a side charackter and she is not important for the main story

Your right, it's not really ecchi. Ecchi characters usually have panties, and she clearly doesn't. They didn't draw the sex, but she's still naked, seriously. Oriental dancer outfit ? For a battle mage ? Why ?

And because she's only a "side character", she can be naked without questions ? Like I said, it's just lazy fan service with no other purpose and not even remotely related to the game. 

I don't really have a problem if the strategy role playing game is still there, something that we are not so sure of that, so, yeah, Intelligent Systems is kinda putting the attention on the wrong site.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP.

The series lost its charm as the characters lost their modesty.

OnlyForDisplay said:
WhiteSky said:

is that for you too much? 

Sadly, for me, this answer truly depends on ones personal views White-San. This issue is constant throughout multimedia entertainment. Even some people viewed StarFire from the New 52 a form of artistic freedom. The big question still is "Where do both devs. and gamers draw the line between artistic freedom and over sexualization?"

there is no line because over sexualization IS artistic freedom.  if the artist would choose to make everybody naked, thats totaly fine, its his vision and not the vision of some hardliners of the victorian age...  go to saudi arabia if you cant stand half naked women.

Around the Network

I find it hilarious that the people defending this objectification are the ones telling people to stop living in the past - let alone comparing wanting taste in a series to living in Saudi Arabia or the 1800s.

They should just have a code packaged with the game: if you want censorship, don't redeem the code. If you want the original uncensored version, redeem it.

and you haven't seen the stroking mini-game yet!

nah, seriously, this isn't "oversexualition" at all. This is just average fan-service in today's RPGs, people want that.

How do you think it sold so well? Many Vita folks came for the cute & sexy things.

It's just modern gaming, deal with it.

As a sidenote, I'm nearing the end of White and the storyline is indeed extremely weak.

WhiteSky said:

is that for you too much? 

Hey, I don't have that character!

How cute, I knew I should have picked Black first >_<'

ryuzaki57 said:

As a sidenote, I'm nearing the end of White and the storyline is indeed extremely weak.

Interesting ! 

And what do you think of the gameplay and difficulty (maps, strategy), compared to Awakening ?

Nintendo says that White is like Awakening (so, I will play Black Kingdom first I think), is it true ?