By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata has passed away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsLcSopeoN4 - feel like this music fits for what I'm feeling for Iwata.

Iwata was truly a great man. He did everything he could within his ability to have us have fun. His great games accompanied us at times of loneliness, at times to bond together with friends which otherwise may have never existed, and influenced us in many other ways. If Iwata was alive now, he would not want us to be mourning, but rather cherish all the quality titles he poured his life and soul into. I understand now Iwata. I truly do understand.

Around the Network

this makes me so sad! :(

R.I.P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Great condolence to his family, friend and his fans. He is a good guy, a good leader despite of problem that happened in Nintendo recently and backlash of the fans, still he is the one who brought back Nintendo glory with DS and Nintendo Wii, that surpass all the other Nintendo CEO before him.

Sayonara Iwata san

I hope some one will continue his vision and bring back Nintendo Glory.

For whatever reason I thought of this song when I heard the terrible news. I haven't even touched this game or listened to the soundtrack for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpGXbwd-X9k

There has been rumors(not appearing a conferences and such) that he had some medical issues for a while. Was this related to those, or was this something sudden that happened?

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

So will Mario Maker be the last game to be executively produced by Iwata?

Poliwrathlord said:

I believe it's Fire Emblem: Fates actually.

Kotastic said:
Poliwrathlord said:

I believe it's Fire Emblem: Fates actually.

Fates is out in Japan, so that's not the last by that virtue. We probably haven't heard of the final game Iwata will have produced, because it'll probably come out in a year or two. For the time being I'd assume Star Fox Zero. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

RIP Iwata, you will be missed.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

It's stiil crazy and hard to belive this actually happen. Such a big loss for the gaming industry, nothing but respect for Iwata R.I.P