By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata has passed away

I really hope Miiverse has a community where we can express our condolences to Iwata. I think it would be a great way for Nintendo fans to show their sympathies to him, his family, and Nintendo itself.

Around the Network
TheGamer95 said:
WHAT?!?!? Is that a aprils fool joke? I mean...what?!? We all saw him a few weeks ago at E3 in their digital conference and he seemed ok to me! :(
Well i guess rest in peace then Iwata :(

But he didn't attend the event. His puppet just did :/

mZuzek said:
CosmicSex said:

Yes, this is actually what Polygon posted:

It's like they can't stop being dicks to Nintendo even at a time like this. God, what the fuck is wrong with these people at Polygon?

TBH they probably don't know who looks like who at Nintendo that is how much they care about the revies they do for Nintendo systems.

He looked so young. I loved his unique vision. My eyes literary watered. Gonna play lot's of Nintendo games and Kirby and shed the tears.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

t3mporary_126 said:
CosmicSex said:

Awww.  I love this so much.  RIP sir.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but sadly, I don't think this is the right one. 

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/SatoruIwata

He has multiple accounts.

Around the Network

I just learned that he worked on Pokemon Gold/Silver. He created the data compression tech that let Game Freak squeeze Kanto onto the cartridge.

You never truly appreciate somebody's work until you can't thank them.

Love and tolerate.

People, realize this: You made Satoru Iwata's last memories: The hate and petition against Federation Force, The hatred of Amiibo Festival, and the outcry about the "horrible" E3. Sad way to go out  :(

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

MohammadBadir said:
TheGamer95 said:
WHAT?!?!? Is that a aprils fool joke? I mean...what?!? We all saw him a few weeks ago at E3 in their digital conference and he seemed ok to me! :(
Well i guess rest in peace then Iwata :(

In retrospect, reading this gave me the chills...

Probably been on his death bed for awhile.

For those here that may not be familiar with Iwata's work and his influence in Nintendo, website Moby Games has a list compiled of every game that he has had a part in developing ever since the original Donkey Kong in 1981.

From all-time classics such as Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda and EarthBound, to revolutionary titles like Metroid Prime, Fire Emblem and Wii Sports, to more recent games like Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Splatoon, Satoru Iwata has been filling gamers' hearts with joy for over 30 years.

Although his time with us is no more, his legacy will forever live on as fans will continue to appreciate the dedication and soul he has put into this industry, and for that, I am sure he is forever gratified. 

Rest in peace, Satoru Iwata. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Xxain said:
MohammadBadir said:

In retrospect, reading this gave me the chills...

Probably been on his death bed for awhile.

No. He attended an investor meeting a few weeks after the E3 conference. Nintendo offically announced that he died yesterday.

edit:

Sorry, didn't know what death bed meant.