By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I just played TLOU for the first time..

I never understood why some people called it a "movie", it's over 15 hours long and has only about 3 hours of cutscene...

But yeah, amazing game, deserves all the success and praise it can get !

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Don't mind the damage control some tried to do, it's indeed an amazing game in every aspect.
Good to know you liked it, now be hyped for Uncharted 4 (more if you already was), TLoU guys are in charge.

Now you are One of Us (ba dum tss)

I played the first Uncharted, and I played Uncharted 2 and 3 day one so i'm super hyped for Uncharted 4, especially after the extended demo, it's amazing how many small details ND put into it and how open the game is. So so hyped.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Ka-pi96 said:
It's taken you this long to play it? :o

Well, better late than never I suppose, welcome to the club

And I managed to avoid spoilers the ENTIRE time. 

Now it's Arkham Knight's turn.

" I have no idea what people are talking about when they say 'it's a great movie"

I usually hear this because of the amount of cut scenes in the game. The game averages 15 hours, with 2 hours of cut scenes. 1 hour of cut scene for every 6.5 hours of game play isn't bad at all for a story driven action game.

Those who say this for Order 1886 do have a reasonable argument, though. That game has over 3 hours of cut scenes but only averages 7 hours total.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

there a re alot of games who are more about the story and feel more like movies but ended up being masterpieces, Silent Hill 2 for example

It is indeed one hell of a game. Glad you got a chance to enjoy it as well.

I always love hearing how much people enjoyed TLOU. So many wonderful moments in that game. My wife wanted to watch me play through the entire game so she can experience it as well. I had to slow down here and there to accomodate her schedule, but it was worth it!

Xeon said:
I always love hearing how much people enjoyed TLOU. So many wonderful moments in that game. My wife wanted to watch me play through the entire game so she can experience it as well. I had to slow down here and there to accomodate her schedule, but it was worth it!

That's awesome! Glad you both enjoyed! 

Glad you loved it. It's my second favorite game of all time.
I feel like when people criticize the gameplay, it's because the story, characters, and setting are so fantastic that it sort of overshadows the game's brilliant gameplay.
One thing I actually really like about the game is how the game that I don't think people have discussed much is how the game's difficulty fluctuates to adjust to the intensity of each of the game's moments -- so Winter and the two areas in the game where you encounter Stalkers are both the scariest parts of the game and the hardest, whereas Fall is easy, difficulty-wise, because of how calm and serene it is compared to the rest of the game. I always found this really impressive, especially since I have found that balancing difficulty has been one of Naughty Dog's greatest weaknesses over their years as a developer.