By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square has become a Sony 2nd Party this generation

Okay not really but just look at this lineup. They're throwing fucking everything at Playstation. 

Worlds of Final Fantasy (PS4/Vita)

Final Fantasy XV (PS4/XBO)

Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)

Final Fantasy Dissidia (PS4)

Project Setsuna (no consoles announced... PS4/PS3/XBO likely)

Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4/XBO)

NieR 2 (PS4)

Star Ocean 5 (PS4/PS3)

Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4/PS3)

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 (PS4/PS3/Vita)

Dragon Quest Builders (PS4/PS3/Vita)

Dragon Quest XI (PS4 is all but confirmed, possible Vita/PS3)

They're trying to revitalize PS4 in Japan through sheer brute force. Dunno if it'll actually work though. Square has hopped aboard the Sony train this gen. Choo choo mofos. 

Thoughts?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Must be nice to get bailed out in Japan like that. Nintendo usually has to do all the work themselves.

Yea. Can't wait for the localization of Dragon Quest VIIR and Dragon Quest VIII Remake so I can play them on my PS4.

Soundwave said:
Must be nice to get bailed out in Japan like that. Nintendo usually has to do all the work themselves.

Don't be so sour Soundwave. Give Sony some props for having solid 3rd party relations that enabled this level of support. Nintendo has no one but themselves to blame for losing Dragon Quest. 

Yeah I agree pretty much. Literally everything they have is exclusive to PS almost with the exception of FF15 and KH3.
Now if Wii U had better 3rd party sales...
then maybe it could be the same?

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

kinda sucks that Nintendo and Xbox fans are getting the short end of the stick but i do hope their efforts basically revive console sales in Japan if not then well all hope is lost.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Yeah I agree pretty much. Literally everything they have is exclusive to PS almost with the exception of FF15 and KH3.
Now if Wii U had better 3rd party sales...
then maybe it could be the same?

A bit too late for WiiU but we'll see what happens with NX! Nintendo still has Monster Hunter which is huge. 

Fusioncode said:

Okay not really but just look at this lineup. They're throwing fucking everything at Playstation. 

Project Setsuna (no consoles announced... PS4/PS3/XBO likely)

Nop. Only ps consoles.

Think about it, why ff15 and KH3 are on Xbox one ?

Because they were annonced before the launch of ps4/one, when no one knew which console will sell the most.

And now Xone is such a desaster in japan, it's not even worth it for them.

And that's with Sony selling all their stocks in Square Enix last year.

In terms of consoles? Absolutely.
In terms of handhelds? It's a bit more even, if not in 3DS' favor.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread