By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - With Vgchartz numbers the Wii U is finally past 10 million?

Hooray!...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

It's not even really worth celebrating. It is just really sad that it took 31 months for the Wii U to hit 10 million.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Captain_Yuri said:
Congrats on my favorite console so far this gen!

My only console this gen!

Excellent. But seriously. People need to stop buying Wii U. It lowers the collectors value of my console in 10 years. Well I guess I can't complain. My WWHD bundle will still be worth it. Buy Wii U everyone!

Why do people are so happy for those fantasy numbers? Wii U is under 10 million sold. fact.
Confirmed by Nintendo shipment, before you say "source"...

Around the Network
asqarkabab said:
Congrats to the worst console of this gen

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

I meant by its hardware and not b6 its games then nintendo are the best in the industry

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

spurgeonryan said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Why do people are so happy for those fantasy numbers? Wii U is under 10 million sold. fact.
Confirmed by Nintendo shipment, before you say "source"...

Because we are happy that it is over 10 million! You should be too.

No, i'm not happy, because IS NOT at 10 million.

The Wii U sold in 9.54 million units worldwide as of March 31st 2015.

The most it has ever shipped outside of a holiday quarter was 610,000 units during Q2 2014.

It'll be interesting to see what Q1 2015 sales are for the Wii U as that will determine whether this 10 million number that VGChartz have is any sort of accurate. I'm currently forecasting sell in for Q1 2015 to be more than 450,000 taking total shipments to around 10 million.

Dr.Vita said:

Wasn't it overtracked in 2014?
Anyway, congratulation Wii U! Deserved!!!

Really? Again? -.- come on -.- even nintendo confirmed those numbers -.- like always you against nintendo you never change