By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dragon Quest Builders announced for PS4/PS3/PSV

twintail said:
ThatDanishGamer said:

Do anyone think they paid MS for the rights to make a Minecraft inspired Builders game?

not sure if serious...

It appears to be similar to Minecraft (an IP MS paid $2.5 billion for).

Don't copy random editorials.

Around the Network

I freaking love you Square Enix!!! And this game is also on PS Vita!!!
PS Vita already have a very big fanbase for this genre thanks Minecraft so this game will do decent on PS Vita!!!
All hail Square Enix!!!!!

Ali_16x said:

Sorry for repeating but he actually said the 3 of the 5 games were DQH, DQH2, and Builders. And he's actually downright said that DQXI is coming to PS4 and that an older remaster of a DQ game. So we know all 5 games. It could be like this Week 3 - Dragon Quest Heroes 2  Week 4 - Dragon Quest ? Remaster Week 5 - Dragon Quest XI

No, no Verendus was talking about 5 Dragon Quest games on PS systems, Kresnik was talking about the 5 Dragon Quest Famitsu announcements.

Ali_16x said:
FloatingWaffles said:

The point of my comment is that Monster Hunter is another series that had a series of games on Playstation and one could have easily said "The next will definitely be PS exclusive as well" but then it went to Nintendo. 

Just because Dragon Quest is getting releases on PS4 doesn't mean the next big installment will automatically be PS4 exclusive. You're jumping to conclusions, just wait for an actual announcement.  That's how it "helps my case". 

Or it's the fact that Square Enix doesn't give one shit about the Wii U or Nintendo home consoles, I'm 100% sure they wouldn't consider the NX by how bad the Wii U is doing. It should be more obvious by how many exclusives Sony is getting from Square Enix. 

FloatingWaffles said:
Ali_16x said:

Or it's the fact that Square Enix doesn't give one shit about the Wii U or Nintendo home consoles, I'm 100% sure they wouldn't consider the NX by how bad the Wii U is doing. It should be more obvious by how many exclusives Sony is getting from Square Enix. 

Lol I knew you were going to bring that up, it's a MMO, the business decisions behind it are completely different. You're just sort of proving my point since looking at the past games Square Enix released on Nintendo consoles, they've been shit or nothing big, an MMO compared too a REAL Dragon Quest game is nothing is in my eyes. This game was also announced for the Wii which was doing really well and the Wii U is doing really bad so again, just proving my point.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
Aerys said:
But it could also confuse thé consumer who wont understand DQ XI is thé big one and not one of those smaller spin off

I don't think it would be that hard if the consumer looks at both games and see how different they look, I'm sure they would be able too tell since DQXI would look 20x better graphically. 

For you, who inform yourself on internet, but for the average consumer who sees boxes with " Dragon Quest Builders/ Dragon Quest Heroes/Dragon Quest XI " , how will he know which is the most ambitious and the main one ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

twintail said:
DQH for an action orientated title to appeal to the West.
DQB for the world crafting to appeal to the West.
Then unleash DQ11. Smart.

and yes, I know Musou-like games and MC are popular in Japan :)

Question I have is, if that's their plan (i.e. to release DQXI on PS3/4), why isn't DQVIII Remake on the machine? Even if it's on 3DS, why isn't DQVIIIR HD, or even DQVIIR HD, coming out? How about DQX HD? All PS has gotten are some spin off DQs, nothing too exciting IMHO.

Ali_16x said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Lol I knew you were going to bring that up, it's a MMO, the business decisions behind it are completely different. You're just sort of proving my point since looking at the past games Square Enix released on Nintendo consoles, they've been shit or nothing big, an MMO compared too a REAL Dragon Quest game is nothing is in my eyes. This game was also announced for the Wii which was doing really well and the Wii U is doing really bad so again, just proving my point.

It's still a Dragon Quest game bruh, so your point is invalid. Also i'm not trying to turn this into a whole "Will it be on PS4 or not" thread when the thread is obviously about Dragon Quest Buidlers. I'm just simply saying that yes, it is logical to see all these recent Dragon Quest releases on the PS4 and think "After all these games the next mainline Dragon Quest HAS to be on PS4, Right?" but i'm pointing out in the past that you could also say that with other franchises like Monster Hunter but that eventually went somewhere else.  It's not out of the ordinary to see stuff like it happen. It's still just jumping to conclusions at this point until you wait for an actual reveal. 

Aerys said:
Ali_16x said:

I don't think it would be that hard if the consumer looks at both games and see how different they look, I'm sure they would be able too tell since DQXI would look 20x better graphically. 

For you, who inform yourself on internet, but for the average consumer who sees boxes with " Dragon Quest Builders/ Dragon Quest Heroes/Dragon Quest XI " , how will he know which is the most ambitious and the main one ?

Well barely anyone buys a game just based on the box art without even looking at gameplay. I know when I was a casual I just looked at gameplay reviews before buying a game. Espically since people can view videos right on their phones these days.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
Aerys said:

Well barely anyone buys a game just based on the box art without even looking at gameplay. I know when I was a casual I just looked at gameplay reviews before buying a game. Espically since people can view videos right on their phones these days.

I think a kid and his parents dont always look videos on internet, and Dragon Quest has a good potential for kids, would be a shame to not use that. They should use a big marketing campaign for Dragon Quest XI when it will come out

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m