By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dragon Quest Builders announced for PS4/PS3/PSV

ZODIARKrebirth said:

We could see 2 other DQ annoncements in the next 3 weeks...insider "verendus" teasing it:

I honestly hadn't even considered that.

So let's say we have an older entry coming in HD, a new unique entry, and a third unique entry in the long-term future (we'll just accept this as happening since it will, it's just really early), and also DQH3 in the future at some point if they go ahead with it that quickly. Although, I'm not aware of that last one, but that doesn't mean anything anyway.

Still, that's a lot of DQ.

don't know, but sounds like DQ V in HD and DQXI for me...

He actually already said that DQXI was coming to PS4 and an older DQ game, he said that DQXI is suppose to be announced this year.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
twintail said:
DQH for an action orientated title to appeal to the West.
DQB for the world crafting to appeal to the West.
Then unleash DQ11. Smart.

and yes, I know Musou-like games and MC are popular in Japan :)

Very smart move indeed, just make thèm Know Dragon Quest before releasing thé big One, hope it will work and well take thé bait

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

But it could also confuse thé consumer who wont understand DQ XI is thé big one and not one of those smaller spin off

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Ali_16x said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

We could see 2 other DQ annoncements in the next 3 weeks...insider "verendus" teasing it:

I honestly hadn't even considered that.

So let's say we have an older entry coming in HD, a new unique entry, and a third unique entry in the long-term future (we'll just accept this as happening since it will, it's just really early), and also DQH3 in the future at some point if they go ahead with it that quickly. Although, I'm not aware of that last one, but that doesn't mean anything anyway.

Still, that's a lot of DQ.

He actually already said that DQXI was coming to PS4 and an older DQ game, he said that DQXI is suppose to be announced this year.

Oh, didn't know that. Seems sony is really doing everything this generation to bring the big games back on there platforms

DerNebel said:
2 things:

According to Verendus there are 2 more DQ games on PS to be announced.

Apparently (at least I didn't know that) this is part of a Famitsu series where they have one DQ news per week for 5 weeks. First was DQVIII and second is this. DQXI in the last week???

As people have already said on GAF, next 2 weeks are likely to be Dragon Quest Monsters 3 and Dragon Quest Heroes 2.

Fifth game could be anything though, including that indeed...

DerNebel said:

Yeah, good job on that one Iwata.

To be fair, Nintendo did try.  But Dragon Quest doesn't have the heritage that Final Fantasy does in the west and as such I doubt it's going to be anything more than niche over here.  Dragon Quest Minecraft is certainly a step in the right direction of making it more mainstream, though.

ZODIARKrebirth said:

I'm beginning to be pretty certain that the form we'll see DQ VIII HD in the west as is a PS4 port. 

OT: What's interesting about this is that Square Enix have gone where the Minecraft crowd is in Japan.

I saw some berating (not necessarily on these forums) for Square Enix's decision to put World of Final Fantasy on Vita/PS4, despite the fact that 3DS already has an audience for monster-collecting games (Pokemon; Youkai; DQM). 

While this current decision just seems in line with their "put everything on PS4" mentality, it actually does line up with the market in Japan, where Terraria & Minecraft are popular on PlayStation consoles.

Sales on this one will be extremely interesting to watch.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
DerNebel said:
2 things:

According to Verendus there are 2 more DQ games on PS to be announced.

Apparently (at least I didn't know that) this is part of a Famitsu series where they have one DQ news per week for 5 weeks. First was DQVIII and second is this. DQXI in the last week???

As people have already said on GAF, next 2 weeks are likely to be Dragon Quest Monsters 3 and Dragon Quest Heroes 2.

Fifth game could be anything though, including that indeed...

DerNebel said:

Yeah, good job on that one Iwata.

To be fair, Nintendo did try.  But Dragon Quest doesn't have the heritage that Final Fantasy does in the west and as such I doubt it's going to be anything more than niche over here.  Dragon Quest Minecraft is certainly a step in the right direction of making it more mainstream, though.

ZODIARKrebirth said:

I'm beginning to be pretty certain that the form we'll see DQ VIII HD in the west as is a PS4 port. 

OT: What's interesting about this is that Square Enix have gone where the Minecraft crowd is in Japan.

I saw some berating (not necessarily on these forums) for Square Enix's decision to put World of Final Fantasy on Vita/PS4, despite the fact that 3DS already has an audience for monster-collecting games (Pokemon; Youkai; DQM). 

While this current decision just seems in line with their "put everything on PS4" mentality, it actually does line up with the market in Japan, where Terraria & Minecraft are popular on PlayStation consoles.

Sales on this one will be extremely interesting to watch.

Sorry for repeating but he actually said the 3 of the 5 games were DQH, DQH2, and Builders. And he's actually downright said that DQXI is coming to PS4 and that an older remaster of a DQ game. So we know all 5 games. It could be like this Week 3 - Dragon Quest Heroes 2  Week 4 - Dragon Quest ? Remaster Week 5 - Dragon Quest XI

I'm amazed about the number of Square Enix games.

Do anyone think they paid MS for the rights to make a Minecraft inspired Builders game?

Don't copy random editorials.

Aerys said:
But it could also confuse thé consumer who wont understand DQ XI is thé big one and not one of those smaller spin off

I don't think it would be that hard if the consumer looks at both games and see how different they look, I'm sure they would be able too tell since DQXI would look 20x better graphically. 

Why are people posting about Dairy Queen?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

I haven't got a clue how this will do but IF it hits at the right time and gets some traction, it could be HUGE. We'll see. I like the idea too.

The PS5 Exists.