By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Mobile CEO: We will never ever sell or exit our smartphone business

Ruler said:
MoHasanie said:

But it loses so much money. Might as well leave the competitive smartphone business now then continue losing money on it like they did with their TV business for years. 

they lost money because they took over Errricson, he said it make money again

hmm, interesting. But aren't Sony expecting it to make a loss next year too? 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Good iam very happy with my Xperia Z2 would not want another brand for android phones but who knows i might go back to apple iphone

This is great news, they're really catching their stride with products now that the Z4 Tablet is getting the recognition (and the review scores to match) that is deserves.

Once people use a Sony product they see the quality.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I had the Xperia Z, and now I have the Xperia Z3. The phone is just perfect and unlike my work phones (iphones), the battery and performance don't cripple as bad, it's far more functional and has the quality is miles ahead.

A couple of more financial loses later:

Sony: "We're selling our smartphone business!"

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Considering that Sony listened to us customer making Lollipop for the middle range phones like the Xperia M2 soon a reality (and it will start straight with 5.1) I would say that Sony is moving in the right direction.

The M2 together with 11 other Xperia phones (Z series obviously included) is also part of the Android M developer preview now. Which is what I want from an electronic manufacturer: support for the less recent models.

kumagawa said:
They said the same thing about TV's once.

They haven't sold their TV division or stopped making them though.

They plan to spin the division off so it's on it's own, as a wholly owned subsidiary.

Unlike their PC business, which was sold to Lenovo.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

beeje13 said:
kumagawa said:
They said the same thing about TV's once.

They haven't sold their TV division or stopped making them though.

They plan to spin the division off so it's on it's own, as a wholly owned subsidiary.

Unlike their PC business, which was sold to Lenovo.

it was sold to japanese investors 

Good, the Xperia range is among the top HTC/Samsung and Apple phones in many people's opinions. A very hard market to crack for both Sony and HTC though.

They do a amazing job with smartphones and make the best ones imo.
I don't want them to leave!