By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would Sony do a Beyoncé at Gamescom?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
FizzoFox said:
Sony will have a event at Paris games week...

Don't put your hopes up for the Paris show. Sony even admitted their 2015 is "sparse" meaning when the big blockbusters are "sparse". Other than that they've got more than Microsoft.

What in the world are you talking about? Why do you keep saying this? No one is expecting Sony to announce new AAA games and release them this holiday, we're going to get new announcements at Paris Games Weeks and that has nothing to do with the sparse comment so please stop.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Don't put your hopes up for the Paris show. Sony even admitted their 2015 is "sparse" meaning when the big blockbusters are "sparse". Other than that they've got more than Microsoft.

What in the world are you talking about? Why do you keep saying this? No one is expecting Sony to announce new AAA games and release them this holiday, we're going to get new announcements at Paris Games Weeks and that has nothing to do with the sparse comment so please stop.

At the heart of it they were referring to their first party, in truth. LOL tag your name and make a bet. Not much will be said of worth at Paris. They said quite a lot about the coming years and unless they acquired some third party its not going to change much. As i've always said Sony's best years are after their first two years. Its coming, I just know to be patient. Its like clockwork.

P.S.

You know I am speaking about 2015. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Ali_16x said:

At the heart of it they were referring to their first party, in truth. LOL tag your name and make a bet. Not much will be said of worth at Paris. They said quite a lot about the coming years and unless they acquired some third party its not going to change much. As i've always said Sony's best years are after their first two years. Its coming, I just know to be patient. Its like clockwork.

.....That comment about sparse, he was referring to first party games releasing in 2015. Not games being announced in 2015. First, even if you think he's talking about games being announced in 2015, you've already been proven wrong since this E3 we got The Last Guardian, Horizon, Dreams, and RIGS and that was just 1 conference, Sony has 3 more conferences this year and you think with that many they would announce all of them at E3?

And if you think nothing will come from Paris Games Week from Sony....bahahhaha. Last Gamescom Sony announced The Tomorrow Children, Tearaway Unfolded, Until Dawn, Alienation,and WilD. 5 first party titles. What did MS have? Screamride(lol).

So again, you're sparse mention has nothing to do with Sony announcing games at Paris Games Week.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

LOL whats funny is that people are ignoring that By the End of 2015 PS4 will have more AAA title than X1 Bloodborne, The Order 1886, MLB 15, Untill dawn, .. Not to mention Hell Divers, The Tomorrow Children, Rime, wild, Everybody's gone to rapture, What remains of Edith finch, Shadow of the beast, then the Remasters Uncharted Collection, Journey and Tearaway,... So the bottom line is that this there is more to play on PS4 than on X1.

Speaking of gamescom, the only major attraction GC was Sony conference, hence the viewer ship. But I think It was a deliberately move by sony to hold a conference at paris, coz it will be a perfect place and time to announce GT7 as PGS will be around same time as Paris Motor Show.

This thread tho.

First off, Let's be honest, the only MS exclusive that's going to do Good is Halo which will be around 1-5 million units sold.

Forza has never been a console seller, last time I checked the last time MS released Forza (don't remember the name) the game was on both X1 and X360 yet it couldn't outsell Driveclub and we all know what happened to driveclub right? (remember this was last time I checked) So Forza selling millions of units is not a fair statement.

Tomb Raider I think won't do good simply because it's on the wrong console I believe, Tomb Raider has always been a Playstation game since the first one, so it beong exclusive to Xbox wi be a problem. It's like idk Kingdom Hearts 3 going to Xbox. Haha....oh wait.

And you can't really think the Gears of wars remasters will sell alot. Halo MCC didn't sell as well as an average Halo game (last time I checked) so expecting more or the same from a quite arguably less popular series is well...you get the point.

Second, Sony doesn't really need to care for Gamescon or about what MS does, because with the marketing deals and bundles of Assassin's Creed, Call Of Duty and Star Wars alone will just destroy whatever MS has for Xbox this holiday.

Also It's really annoying how People think that just because Sony doesn't have many Triple A games comimg means that they have no games coming, They Got Persona 5 and No Man's Sky which are arguably better than what MS is bringing to the table. Plus you got Terraway and Until dawn AND Uncharted remaster and 4 so whatever.

Also the thing about MS is that they do this formula of " release the blockbusters in the holiday, and release some good games for the rest of the year" meanwhile Sony released the likes of Bloodborne and The Order during March and February and releasing games like Godzilla and One Piece in the summer. Just one of the various reasons why Sony is ahead.

Also The Rachet and Clank Redux will destroy everything MS will Offer this year besides Halo. Just my opinion tho.

Around the Network

"Would Sony do a Beyonce at Gamescom?"

I sure as hell hope not

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Everyone knows the Holidays' is the only important season for gaming. Everything else doesn't count.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
FizzoFox said:
Sony will have a event at Paris games week...

i don't mind i will be going to gamescom and paris games week already got my tickets, I know Sony will be showing alot of project morpheus at paris games week where i am really curious about. For 2015 i have enough games till end of the year especially Mgs5 tpp

It's all a matter of timing for Sony... why do a conference on the same day(s) as MS.

Let MS show their games, and then do something big a week later, and MS's stuff is then forgotten or the impact lessened.

Sony can see if MS do a price cut or anything else, and they can then come in and do their own thing.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
It's all a matter of timing for Sony... why do a conference on the same day(s) as MS.

Let MS show their games, and then do something big a week later, and MS's stuff is then forgotten or the impact lessened.

Sony can see if MS do a price cut or anything else, and they can then come in and do their own thing.

Yes, that generally comes in the coming years. As Sony showed at E3 (as I predicted)  their best some coming after their first two years on the market. If you know me...I always say it and its happening. Nothing great is happening this year that isnt releasing next year or in the future. Sony has the public opinion right now and they will ride that out until next year when they show their legitimate blockbusters which hold the crown for Sony outside of the other games. perhaps  my PS4 will make my Xbox One secondary.