By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would Sony do a Beyoncé at Gamescom?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DerNebel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Hopefully, I mean, if they and Square Enix arent hiding behind each others skirts. "I swear we're not selling you out to the westerners" ::Makes another western game and cuts another Japanese deal and makes it Playstation exclusive::

I'm sorry, I've really tried figuring out what you're trying to say here, but I have no idea what you mean.

It was a sarcastic joke, alluding to when Sony had nothing for Japan at TGS and hid behind Square Enix exclusivity of Final Fantasy 13 franchise while everyone anticipated Versus last gen. Thats essentially TGS to me...Sony hiding behind third party over there.

Ok, well even then that would only be TGS (where I actually expect at least one Sony Japan JRPG to be announced, plus Bloodborne DLC maybe) you can't really expect Sony Japan to have a huge output, yes it's the biggest Sony studio but it can still only one studio.

What about the other 2 events? Sony are obviously still holding some announcements back, otherwise they wouldn't be having those events.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sony had nothing for 2015 so they spilled the beans on their 2016-2017 schedule at E3. Microsoft is the only one with anything to show at Gamescom. Scalebound and Quantum Break gameplay here we come!

Sony showed us what Bend, Naughty Dog Team 2 (The Last of Us), Santa Monica Team 1 (God of War: Ascension), Sucker Punch, Guerrilla Games Team 1 (Killzone: Shadowfall), Japan Studio Team 2 & 3 (Puppeteer and Gravity Rush) and Polyphony Digital are producing? Awesome, I missed all of that stuff at E3 somehow. That's weird considering that they include some of my favorite game studios in the world. It's been a while since we heard from Bend and Team Gravity (also Santa Monica 1 for that matter) and I'd be surprised if they remain silent for much longer.

I hope not. That way this year everyone wins something. Nintendo won with an awesome Direct against nobody, Sony won E3, and MS wins Gamescom against nobody.

Everyone's happy.

As usual PS4 has no games! There are still people believing that, incredible...

Protendo said:
Drakrami said:

uh what? Your statement makes no sense at all. So Sony can't show Last Guardian/Horizon/SF5/Persona5/Uncharted4/No Man's Sky/new game announcements while Microsoft can show their games? 

It is very hyprocritcal.  Microsoft spelled their beans last year even further ahead of Sony and were praised for it. *shrug*

The gaming media was reporting on Sony's absence from Gamescom before E3 even happened. They had already known Sony didnt have much to salvage for 2015 besides the remasters and a couple of other things. Theres no hypocrisy in this. Look it up.

Around the Network
ThatDanishGamer said:
cpg716 said:

Morpheus is 2016.. Not 2015..    They don't really have big games for 2015 Holiday.. and they have admitted that.. Uncharted 4 was their tent-pole title, before it was pushed into 2015.  

When it comes to this Holiday 2015, Microsoft has the better exlusive lineup..    Forza 6, Halo 5, GoW: Ultimate, Rise of the Tomb Raider..  Sony has NO exclusives for the holiday.. BUT Sony has a stronger push from the multiplats (with maybe the exception of Fallout 4 (since X1 has mods)..    So if the X1 titles are interesting to gamers, it will push them to pick up a X1.  X360 backwards compat my also help make up their minds..  

Overall.. We will likely see X1 take November and December in North America only..     PS4 will win globally for those months..      The question is can X1 catch up to PS4 in North America..    Can they make up about 750k during the holiday.. I doubt it really.. but who knows..    It is likely even North America will be a Playstaion Nation this generation.

Is that a lie or or misconception?

What Exclusives does Sony have for 2015 Holiday..   (not counting indies, I am talking AAA)..  ?         Explain how I am lying, or have a misconception about holiday 2015..    Yes.. Uncharted:Collection..        But compared to Forza 6, Halo 5, and Rise of the Tomb Raiders..     a remaster doesn't cut it..     As I said (which i think you stopped reading after your highlighted qoute" was that Sony has a stonger push from the muli-plats and will still outsell X1 worldwide this holiday..     But you cannot deny that their exlusive lineup for this holiday is pretty much non-existant. 

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Sony will have a event at Paris games week...

Really? We're talking AGAIN about the "Sony haz no excluzives in 2015"?
Please read any thread of June, everything has been said about it. Verdict is : wrong statement, and even if it was just a bit true (which it isn't), it wouldn't matter. CoD and Battlefront bundles alone could sell more than the "great MS exclusives".
Microsoft will maybe be alone for Gamescom in a market where they are already dead (and it's wrong, Sony will be there), but Sony will be alone for PGW, TGS and PSX, all at a better time than the Gamescom.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Protendo said:

It is very hyprocritcal.  Microsoft spelled their beans last year even further ahead of Sony and were praised for it. *shrug*

The gaming media was reporting on Sony's absence from Gamescom before E3 even happened. They had already known Sony didnt have much to salvage for 2015 besides the remasters and a couple of other things. Theres no hypocrisy in this. Look it up.

No, it was still a bullshit statement that ignores the 3 events that Sony still has. The idea that E3 is about the given year and Gamescom is about the coming year is a complete fairytale.

Faelco said:
Really? We're talking AGAIN about the "Sony haz no excluzives in 2015"?
Please read any thread of June, everything has been said about it. Verdict is : wrong statement, and even if it was just a bit true (which it isn't), it wouldn't matter. CoD and Battlefront bundles alone could sell more than the "great MS exclusives".
Microsoft will maybe be alone for Gamescom in a market where they are already dead (and it's wrong, Sony will be there), but Sony will be alone for PGW, TGS and PSX, all at a better time than the Gamescom.

Wow..     You went from saying.. It'not ture at all..  To saying its true..  to then bringing up multi-plats..        You do see how that doesn't make sense right..  

GameScom is a bigger and more attended show then PGW (also more widely reported on)..  TGS(also less attended then GamesCom) is mostly for japanaese market.. where consoles arent doing well by anyone..    GamesCom is really the biggest event this year after E3..  Time has nothing to do with any of it..       Since sony doesn't have anything more to announce that really matters for 2015..    not surprising..     They are getting a heavy push from multi-plats as you said..   So they can focusing on giving reasons for gamers to buy their console this holiday because of everything that is coming early 2016..  

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m