By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Trouble with Wii U Port of Mighty No. 9?

so the portable verisons wernt hard 

Around the Network
padib said:
HollyGamer said:

Both look gorgeous to me, and both have a different approach on their art direction and color presentation.

One looks more resource intensive than the other by far.

Because one is exclusive hand made and the other heavily dependant on graphic engine (unreal 4), try to compare Assassins creed Unity with Uncharted 4 graphic, you understand the difference on quality of multyplatform games and exclusive games, still there is nothing bad with Mighty No 9 graphic whatsoever.

Yeah...I think people are being a bit too hard on Mighty No. 9. The latest footage I've seen looks fine, which is why I was concerned that it may not look nearly as good on the Wii U. I mean yeah, it's far from the best looking 2D platformer I've ever seen, but it's an indie game. I'm not expecting the same quality you'd see in a Rayman or DK platformer.

SJReiter said:
Yeah...I think people are being a bit too hard on Mighty No. 9. The latest footage I've seen looks fine, which is why I was concerned that it may not look nearly as good on the Wii U. I mean yeah, it's far from the best looking 2D platformer I've ever seen, but it's an indie game. I'm not expecting the same quality you'd see in a Rayman or DK platformer.

Come on, look at how that fire and those explosions look, plain awful. There's not much in the way of texturing in this game either.

This is the kind of stupid bad press the console gets since day 1

How in the seven hells could they have problems with a game that is even running on 3ds and Vita? It looks like a GameCube game on HD, jesus...

Don´t say "because the specs", because that has NOTHING to do, say the real problem and stop spreading shit.

And this time we all know this is bullshit bercause you only need to see the game, but who knows how many times developers have used the underpowered argument as an excuse for their complete incompetence or their lack of interest to port the game to wiiu, this time is pretty obvious, but if the game was a bit more good looking then all the people will blame wiiu hardware.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
SJReiter said:

Come on, look at how that fire and those explosions look, plain awful. There's not much in the way of texturing in this game either.

I don't know. It doesn't look any worse than say...the Wonderful 101. For me, that style of graphics is far from what I would consider to be of inferior quality. Btw, do you happen to know what system that was running on?

SJReiter said:
Samus Aran said:

I don't know. It doesn't look any worse than say...the Wonderful 101. For me, that style of graphics is far from what I would consider to be of inferior quality. Btw, do you happen to know what system that was running on?

Nope don't know, but TW101 looks a lot better... I really don't know what people see in this game. It's ugly and I mean ugly to the core: the art style is so bland. You can see how many times they re-use assets in the background, it looks like placeholder stuff. Not to mention TW101 is in 3D and has lot's of action on screen. 

People have given Devil's Third a hard time for its graphics, but that game looks a lot better than this even. 

Samus Aran said:
SJReiter said:

Nope don't know, but TW101 looks a lot better... I really don't know what people see in this game. It's ugly and I mean ugly to the core: the art style is so bland. You can see how many times they re-use assets in the background, it looks like placeholder stuff. Not to mention TW101 is in 3D and has lot's of action on screen. 

People have given Devil's Third a hard time for its graphics, but that game looks a lot better than this even. 

If this was a WiiU exclusive then everybody would laugh about the lame graphics.

They look OK for me though, but is pretty obvious that people would shit about it and call it a "N64 game on HD" like some other game right now xD

This game should have been fully 2D, and looked close to the concept art. Period.

padib said:

It seems a bit generic, but it's an idie game, aren't you exaggerating a bit?

This is also an indie game:

And it looks great, also with like a 200 thousand dollars budget compared to the 3 millions of Mighty.