By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Reason Why Nintendo Can't Get 3rd Party Games

Soundwave said:

<snip>

Nintendo simply doesn't have the audience for these games in the first place. They allowed Sony/MS to basically consolidate the entire audience for games like Batman, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Madden NFL, etc. etc. a long time ago. 

<snip>

I think that is the true reason. However I don't blame Nintendo for this. They don't make those kind of games. Last Generation those who make these kind of games tried everything they could to lure the people away from the Wii to the HD-Twins. Then when the WiiU released they "tried" to lure the people back, but how should this work with the same games the people already played on the HD-Twins?

The only Third Party which really tried was Ubisoft with ZombiU. But one game isn't enough to turn the table.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
cause or effect? i don't think you've analysed this fully.

I think its simple really.

The WiiU is an inferior piece of hardware. The people who buy a WiiU do so because they want to play Nintendo games. People are not going to buy a multiplat on the WiiU because it will be inferior. People who like multiplat games (COD, AC, BF, etc) are not going to get a WiiU because they know it will have the inferior version of those games. Therefor there is no audience on the WiiU for 3rd party games.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

hentai_11 said:
Soundwave said:

Nintendo simply doesn't have the audience for these games in the first place. They allowed Sony/MS to basically consolidate the entire audience for games like Batman, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Madden NFL, etc. etc. a long time ago. 

I think that is the true reason. However I don't blame Nintendo for this. They don't make those kind of games. Last Generation those who make these kind of games tried everything they could to lure the people away from the Wii to the HD-Twins. Then when the WiiU released they "tried" to lure the people back, but how should this work with the same games the people already played on the HD-Twins?

The only Third Party which really tried was Ubisoft with ZombiU. But one game isn't enough to turn the table.

Nintendo likes to control anyone who puts content on their platform. Its kind of why they dont have a great relationship with third party since the 90's. Thats one of the major reasons besides Sony entering the gaming industry as to why they lost the multiplat gamers. If they get competitive they can get some of them back this gen. Most of the gamers havent even jumped ship to current gen and if Nintendo plays ball they can get some legitimate gamers under their belt again.

The problem is that there's no audience for them in the Nintendo consoles. Nintendo accepted and now are moving to look for solutions (NX Fusion).

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

marley said:
Heavenly_King said:
the reason is because the hardware since the wii, is weaker. In the gamecube era it got most 3rd party games that were released.

And yet: http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=&platform=GC&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

The gamecube got 3rd party games.  So your point is?

Around the Network

But if Nintendo had 3rd parties + 1st party games, wouldn't then Nintendo have monopoly in this industry? Does third parties really want that?

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Soundwave said:

It's too late to create a PS4-level machine. 

They would have to go to somewhere in the range of 3 TFLOPS + 12GB RAM minimum (*minimum*) at this stage, and even that probably wouldn't be enough. 

The PS2 routed the XBox even though the XBox was a good deal more powerful and that was only an 18 month headstart. 

Beyond that Nintendo has the brand problem of being associated with rainbows and bright green hills, the guy who wants to play Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto likely isn't sitting around dying for a Nintendo version of the Playstation. 

No. Devs only demanded 8GB of ram and Nintendo could opt to range themselves within a mid range PC in power. The PS4 and XBox One were developed to be around a PC that could handle high level PC settings rather than Ultra. Nintendo could sell a $350 console at medium level graphics on a PC.

Devs are not going to port their games regardless of power because there's no audience that will buy their games. It will be just a waste of time. If Nintendo wants those third parties, not only power will be needed, but they must be commitent to build an installbase willing to buy those kind of games.

Stellar_Fungk said:
But if Nintendo had 3rd parties + 1st party games, wouldn't then Nintendo have monopoly in this industry? Does third parties really want that?

No. Nintendo's practices were not good and many will better support only PC before releasing their games on Nintendo platforms.

Pavolink said:
Stellar_Fungk said:

No. Nintendo's practices were not good and many will better support only PC before releasing their games on Nintendo platforms.

Sorry, I didn't understand what you mean 100%. Could you explain more detailed?

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Stellar_Fungk said:
Pavolink said:
Stellar_Fungk said:

Sorry, I didn't understand what you mean 100%. Could you explain more detailed?

What I mean, is that third parties wouldn't like that to happen. They don't want another NIntendo's monopoly (like NES, SNES era) were they had bad practices. Third parties didn't have good relations with NIntendo, and they better stop supporting consoles and focus solely on PC, than supporting Nintendo platforms.