By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Reason Why Nintendo Can't Get 3rd Party Games

terreon13 said:
Soundwave said:

I think you just talk a big game on the internet. 

Then that's one of many things you think wrong.

Sorry Zero. You wish it was wrong, but you're all talk. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
terreon13 said:

Then that's one of many things you think wrong.

Sure, you keep spouting BS without evidence or lies about nintendo consoles/demographic but I'm the one that's all talk. keep believing that.

terreon13 said:
Soundwave said:

Sure, you keep spouting BS without evidence or lies about nintendo consoles/demographic but I'm the one that's all talk. keep believing that.

Sales data isn't talk. We've seen third party sales data on Nintendo platforms for 15 years now in some cases. But you're so special you know better than everyone else. 

Soundwave said:
terreon13 said:

Sales data isn't talk. We've seen third party sales data on Nintendo platforms for 15 years now in some cases. But you're so special you know better than everyone else. 

yes, we've seen positive sales data for the past 15 years. you just choose to ignore it.

terreon13 said:
Soundwave said:

yes, we've seen positive sales data for the past 15 years. you just choose to ignore it.

What's the weather like in Zero land? Does it rain cotton candy and gumdrops?

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
oniyide said:
IamAwsome said:

To be fair it's not Iwata and Reggie's fault that third parties, particularly EA, promised support and bailed before the system launched, while continuing to support the PS3 and 360. Sales became a legit reason to not support the console after 2013, but what about launch up to that point? 

the launch games bombed.

How many of those launch games were actually good? EA's only half-decent game on Wii U was NfS, it was released something like 5 months late on the Wii U, and EA had announced they were ceasing support for the system before it released.

What people always ignore when making these threads is that people aren't going to buy inferior games. They also aren't going to wait 6 months for a game that releases everywhere else without the delay.

The only Wii U games rated over 90 on metacritic that aren't first party are Rayman Legends (sold best, or at least equal-best, on Wii U, despite Ubisoft's shenanigans) and Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (an eShop title that had released for PS3 and PSV more than a year earlier, and for PC a little less than a year earlier). Close to 90 (but not eShop-only, thus without sales data) includes Skylanders Swap Force (also available for Wii, so people aren't likely to upgrade for it), Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut (two-years-late port), Need for Speed: Most Wanted U (delayed as mentioned above, and EA had already ceased support for the platform when they released it), Mass Effect 3: Special Edition (rated 85... PS3/360 version was rated 93, PC version was rated 89, ME Trilogy was released around the same time containing this game plus the two before it for PS3/360/PC, and the game was 9 months late on Wii U)...

This brings us to the first game that rated comparably and released at least close to the original (less than a month delay) - Assassin's Creed 3. See if you can find a single sign of AC3 being advertised for Wii U. All of the advertising I can find shows only PS3 and 360 (here's the "available on" part of the launch TV commercial) .

Then NBA 2K13 was rated lower than the PS3/360 versions by a significant amount, Darksiders II was three months late, Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition was a year late, Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition was more than two months late and still managed to sell about half as well as the 360 version, and I think you're starting to get the idea.

The ONLY notable, decent-quality Wii U multiplatform retail title that released day-and-date with the other versions, with decent advertising including the Wii U version, sold well on the Wii U (relative to the other versions). And *that* was a game that was meant to be a Wii U exclusive before being delayed 7 months with the publisher specifically saying it was so that other systems could get the game at the same time, thus moving the release from right in the middle of a drought (and thus getting all of the attention squarely on it) to a release right in the middle of the time when Nintendo was releasing all its big titles. And even the developers themselves thought the publisher's decision to delay the title was bullshit.

Third parties can't put out half-arsed efforts, and then expect spectacular sales.

wow there is alot here that is simply wrong. A lot of those games are considered good by FANS of those games. Assassin's Creed, Tekken, Call of Duty literally have not problem selling on other systems, hell even the Vita version of those games did good.

THey arent going to wait six months? sure they are. They did so for every late port {ME2 for PS3, Bioshock, Last of US, GTA5 PS4 one}. Youre going to ahve to explain why those games did well and the ones on WIi U bombed?

Rayman Legends didnt sell the best its actually 3rd best selling one. behind PS3/4 version and before you say but there are more PS3s than Wii Us. PS4 at teh time didnt have that much consoles sold AND was a late port, so whats the excuse for that?

Ads? More excuses. COD had exclusive ads for MS for years and that didnt stop PS3 version still doing gangbusters. Add FF13 and even the orignal Dragon Age. SO whats there excuse? IF you are a fan of the series ads dont matter becasue you already know where the game will be available.

The games dont sell on the system because the fans of those games dont have the system, and if they do they are not going to buy it on WIi U especially if its a multiplayer heavy game. What can be done? Nothing really. People will buy these games on the systems that are more popular that is not going to change, even if the ports are good and most of them are. The PS4/ONE version is going ot be better simply by it being on more powerful hardware. Nothing Ninty and do about that. Unless you suggest that 3rd parties gimp the PS4/ONe versions so to make WIi U look better whichs is selfish.

you cant expect great versions of games if you keep having outdated HW, its impossible

Because most of ninteno owners have a ps or xbx so they play thirdparties on them
O i forgot the diehard nintendo players they only play nintendo games and give no weight to third parties

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS