By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Worst Game Genre

SecondWar said:
For me, fighter games. i know all games are really just button mashing, but whenever I've played fighters it becomes a bit too obvious this all people are doing.

I've been playing loads of MKX for this past 2 weeks and I have not found a single button masher.

Also, any medium player can defeat a button masher.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Who quoted me? Come out!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7411814

2D fighting games e.g. Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur...

Does "free to play" count as a genre?

EDIT: More seriously, my least favorite mainstream genres are sports or FPSs. Those are only slightly less unappealing to me than the F2P mobile games.

ArchangelMadzz said:
SecondWar said:
For me, fighter games. i know all games are really just button mashing, but whenever I've played fighters it becomes a bit too obvious this all people are doing.

I've been playing loads of MKX for this past 2 weeks and I have not found a single button masher.

Ok, maybe im just showing my lack of knowledge of the genre. For some reason its just never really appealed to me. Last time I gave it a go must have been about 12 years ago when all I and any my age who played with did was button mash so that probably where my opinion comes from.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Don't waste your time debating with someone who thinks fighting games are just button mashing.

How about you actually try and debate with me and explain why I'm wrong (as ArchangelMadzz did) rather than just assuming im some sort of troll.

I`d probably say sports. : I found them to be kinda boring, unless they were Mario Tennis or Golf. Those were fun...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Sport and music

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

RTS... period.

1. All Sports including driving
2. Horror
3. Rhythm games unless its Rock Band and I get to bust out my electric drum set

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.