By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Worst Game Genre

Dating simulation.

Around the Network

JRPG and sports

BasilZero said:
MMOs and Sports.

Although Sports can be forgiven thanks to Mario sports games but MMOs..hell no.

How can you not like MMOs? lol

Multi-player centric games (think MMO or games made with no or close to no campaign) and open-world games (think Fallout(?) and The Elder Scrolls.)

Neither of my least favorite "genres" are necessarily genres but more aspects of games that bother me.

Not sure about worst, but FPS games are a genre I've never been able to care much about.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
ExplodingBlock said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Strongly disagree:

That video just helps him further prove his point...

Yeah, how?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Moba, MMO, RTS, Simulation and sports are the genres I dislike.

AbbathTheGrim said:
ExplodingBlock said:

That video just helps him further prove his point...

Yeah, how?

It's such a generic driving game. From what I've seen in the video, it's just drive here, than drive over here. Plenty of other games like that. Like he said, you play one, you played them all

Party games.

ExplodingBlock said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Yeah, how?

It's such a generic driving game. From what I've seen in the video, it's just drive here, than drive over here. Plenty of other games like that. Like he said, you play one, you played them all

You drive in an open world game. You go for delivery pick ups. Someone picks up a delivery you have to hit them to take the delivery. Once you have the delivery you can't let others hit you or they take the delivery off you. You can take all the time you want to deliver the merchandise as long as the clock doesn't run out completely. You can drive away from the whole area and cars will follow you wherever the hell you go. You have an specific button to control the landing of your car when the terrain takes your car out of control.

And that is not even the whole game. You have check point races that can be approached in different ways because the races are open. Police officer will arrest you once your car's health bar goes to zero and they hit you. There are pursuit missions where you have to follow, yet not allow yourself to be seeing by who you pursuit by keeping at distance, until you find out where they are heading. There are missions where you have to lose police officer pursuers.

If the above is not enough to diferentiate this game from the bulk of other driving games then the same thing can be said for any genre: that they are all the same and you play one and have played them all. Jump here, evade here, pick up coins, hit enemies: platformers. JRPGs: pick up items, talk to people, select commands, restore health, attack, magic, special technique, etc. Action RPGs, jump here, slash there, evade, solve puzzles.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1