By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Dromafett said:
IGN Reviewers = Sony/PS3 frustrated fanboys

Nah more like pathetic Xbots.  This guy whoever he is, is a moron.

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

Smash Bros. famously began as a prototype for a generic martial arts game and it's tempting not to imagine what would have happened with the series if Nintendo had never agreed to let its mascots be used in the game. Would the fighting mechanics be as compelling if all of the same moves were tethered to a series of Bruce Lee clones? Would the Pavlovian outbursts of joy be the same if it was a ninja performing Link's spin attack? It's difficult to imagine that anyone would care. The disappointing truth of Smash Bros. Brawl is that of a game with unresponsive controls, a vapid narrative context, superficially titillating visuals, and a deeply disturbing nod to the corporate progenitor to which so many players associate their personal gaming experiences with.

So he's saying that it wouldn't sell as well because, without Nintendo's characters, it just wouldn't be fun or have the "big names" in it?

From what I've heard of the Final Fantasy games, they aren't always based around the same world or characters, so if Final Fantasy 13 wasn't called Final Fantasy, and instead something else, it too probably wouldn't sell as well. That's the nature of the industry. Big names (like Mario, FF, GTA, Sonic) sell games. I'd assume that if they did make the Smash Bros. games without Nintendo's characters, it probably would have sold decent, since any game has to start out as a unknown name game. And if they would have continued with it, then it could still be as big as it is today (though it would be big in a completely different way).

I didn't bother to read the whole thing, but I think overall he just likes hearing himself talk. It's his opinion of course, so one can't really say he's wrong. And if this is his opinion (and hell, it has to be), I'll take a quote from his own book "It's difficult to imagine that anyone would care." 

kasillas88 said:
*enters thread*
*original post is too long, skims down to see any funny responses*
*notices responses are the size of novels*
*quickly exits thread*

to funny

swyggi said:
People can give their opinions even if they are terribly wrong, and he is terribly wrong. Brawl is like one of the best games ever.

But that's your opinion :P. Opinions are neither wrong or right because of their structure. Even opinions that seem so blatantly one-sided that it's nearly impossible to be on the other side and be taken seriously are not fact.

However, I agree that Brawl is destined to be one of the best games of all time. But that's my opinion. <_<

Joy, more of this opinion can not possibly be right or wrong crap.  If that was the case, everything would be subjective.  I really don't think you want to live in a world where nothing can have true value attributed to it.  Opinions can be wrong.  It's quite easy.  If I say I think I'm faster than Ty Lawson, that's my opinion, and it's wrong.  I like to look at it like this:

There is one set of absolute truths in the universe about everything.  However, humans rarely have enough information to decide whether or not something is completely true or false.  They can, however, determine whether an opinion is close to that absolute truth or which of two opinions is closer.  The latter is the case here.

ya well sales and played time shows most people with a wii disagree! I met a kid with a 360 and he said gaylo refering to how he felt about halo! so there may be a few ninty fans who agree but I doubt it! I got it for my kids they love unlocking the characters!

Around the Network

That's so obviously CrazzyMan talking! He just omitted the =) in the end.

Brawl is the best game ever that's the matter of fact
And some sucky opinion ain't gonna change that
:whistle:

CDiablo said:
He is %100 right only marioboys bought SMBB.

Now that's an indisputable argument.

leo-j said:
Thats a persons opinion, and you should not attack them.

Bullshit. It is one persons opinion littered with misinformation labeled as facts. He puts forth things that are simply untrue as reality and builds an arguement off of it. The entire thing is extaordinairly painful to read because he never attempts to back-up any of his claims with anything resembling evidence.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Burn this review.

Proud owner of a Wii, a Xbox360 and a PS3 (...two PS3's...)

My main brawl characters

Now playing:

wii:Super smash bros. brawl, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
ps3: Guitar hero 3,4,5. Rock Band 1,2. Resistance 2
Xbox360:Nhl2k9, Mass Effect, MW2, Halo 3.