By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
T013 said:
Of course, no one ever denied that. But that doesn't make the series as cheap as this guy presents them. The games industry has always thrived on recognition by the fans - Mario games sell most because they are, well, Mario games. Same for Halo or Zelda. This game takes it a step higher, but is very blunt about it.

Were not talking about sales here. We're talking about Smash Bros. not being your favorite game ever if it didn't have the cast of Nintendo in it and that's the truth. Most fighting games stand on the strength of their fighting, not their cast. If the cast itself becomes legendary, it's only because the gameplay reeled in the audience. You can look at Street Fighter II as the best example of this. The gameplay of Smash Bros. is not enough to warrant it the legendary status it has and that's the awful truth. If you slap the cast of Square Enix against the gameplay of Ehrgeiz, i'll put good money that a lot of people will claim it legendary, regardless of the awfully designed engine powering the game. I've noticed many people on this site proclaim that they don't like fighting games but love Smash Bros. and consider it one of the greatest games ever. They are the people he is speaking about in his article. It's hard to like a game in a given genre and not like the genre it was built from, unless your reasons for it have nothing to do with the the gameplay. 

The guy is taking too deep a stance on the game throughout most of his article. You can't put any game under a microscope like he just did and come away dissatisfied.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
kasillas88 said:
*enters thread*
*original post is too long, skims down to see any funny responses*
*notices responses are the size of novels*
*quickly exits thread*

ROFL - then don't post lolol

OT: Yeah - that guy really is not even ginving Smash a fiar chance. I bet he has barely touched the game. Maybe a fanboy? 

Whoa, a pseudo-intellectual game reviewer's take on games being too fast so it's not fun, because he'd prefer longer attack animations and longer button combo inputs to.... be... traditional?

What a dick. And he's wrong. It's fun BECAUSE it's faster. I hope he cries when Brawl outsells his favorite game, whatever stupid crap it is.

It's obvious this guy thinks he is a gaming guru, the funny thing is (judging from how he describes the skill involved) if he went to SmashBoards the first post would probably be "scrub".

i respect his opinion

now please, respect mines when i say this guy has been drinking bong water
for the past 20 years!!

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

Around the Network

People can give their opinions even if they are terribly wrong, and he is terribly wrong. Brawl is like one of the best games ever.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Guys, this is the "Contrarian Corner". The entire point of the section is to provide articles that take games generally viewed as either very good or very bad, and provide an opposite perspective.

People can give their opinions even if they are terribly wrong, and he is terribly wrong. Brawl is like one of the best games ever.

But that's your opinion :P. Opinions are neither wrong or right because of their structure. Even opinions that seem so blatantly one-sided that it's nearly impossible to be on the other side and be taken seriously are not fact.

However, I agree that Brawl is destined to be one of the best games of all time. But that's my opinion.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

They were supposed to be taking an "alternate" or "holistic" perspective, not just "opposite." You can't just take a game people like and talk shit just because that's the opposite of liking it.

The things that bother this person about the game... are completely ridiculous. He has a problem with fighting games that are "too fast to control" as he puts it, because he's a lowly nub. He's basically confessing to being a lowly nub who can't control the game because the attack inputs and attack animations are too fast so he's not even ready for the next one... WHILE AT THE SAME TIME arguing that the game is too accessible and dumbed down and fanservice and even a monkey could play.

Well maybe a monkey could play, but clearly not this dooshbag from the Contrarian Corner.

Brawl is a great game, I think the guy who wrote that article must be a Nintendo hater and a fan of Sony or Microsoft.

My Brawl Friend Code: 2191-7328-1340

My Brawl Characters