By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Zelda U Sell 4 Million?

This is assuming that:

-It releases in 2016, for only the Wii U

-It is as well recieved as the other 3D Zelda's (Which average at about 96/100)

Edit: If you're wondering why there is talk about Skyward Sword, the orignal thread title was whether it could outsell Skyward Sword. But I did not know that that game was hugely undertracked at VGC, so I changed the title (And it is 4 million because Zelda U would need about 4 million to beat VGC's number of Skyward Sword).

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Around the Network

Skyward sword sold like 3.5 million copies in the first two weeks or something and is the fastest selling zelda game. Since Dec 2011 no sales figures have been released.Where did you get the sales data from?

Doubtful. Because it'll likely be a transitional title on a much much smaller install base.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Nogamez said:
Skyward sword sold like 3.5 million copies in the first two weeks or something. Where did you get the sales data from?

With VGChartz Skyward Sword is 1,299,728 after 2 weeks. I seriously doubt it was undertracked by that much.

Nogamez said:
Skyward sword sold like 3.5 million copies in the first two weeks or something. Where did you get the sales data from?

We're on a sales site. I'm sure you could figure out where he got the data from

Doesn't mean it's right ofcourse. But that's where he got it from no doubt.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Unless it comes out for the NX as well, no.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Nogamez said:

Yeah, those 3.91 seem bit low considering that in Dec 2011 it was reported at 3.42 by Nintendo.

Esiar said:
Nogamez said:

With VGChartz Skyward Sword is 1,299,728 after 2 weeks. I seriously doubt it was undertracked by that much.

Nintendo gave official numbers in Dec 2011 at 3.41 million. The game came out in Nov 2011. That's how under tracked it is.

Nogamez said:
Esiar said:

Nintendo gave official numbers in Dec 2011 at 3.41 million. The game came out in Nov 2011. That's how under tracked it is.

Can you give a source?

No, because Skyward Sword is MASSIVE undertracked.

Loll, this game sold nearly 3.5 million ONLY THE FIRST MONTH according to Nintendo, and VGChartz has this game at uncer 4 million lifetime. seem legit...