By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Zelda U Sell 4 Million?

Maybe, at least 3m is guraranteed.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Probably not, but I don't think it's impossible

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I could see it to be a system seller.It's possible if it's really well received. Wouldn't bet on it though.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I want it too... from what they have showed of zelda, the game looks good.
Im not sure it will though.

Edwardooo said:
Every 3D Zelda game manage to sell more than 4 millions I guess, so...yeah, if Mario 3D World and Nintendoland could break 4 million, Zelda U can.

Every 3D Zelda except Majora's Mask (Not counting the remake)

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Around the Network

Sooooo...a little off topic I guess but, what the hell happened to sales of Skyward Sword? Not just on VGC, but overall it looks like there is no sales data for the game beyond Dec '11. How much did it actually sell LT? 5 mil? 6 mil? More? Weird that Nintendo never gave LT sales numbers...

SJReiter said:
Sooooo...a little off topic I guess but, what the hell happened to sales of Skyward Sword? Not just on VGC, but overall it looks like there is no sales data for the game beyond Dec '11. How much did it actually sell LT? 5 mil? 6 mil? More? Weird that Nintendo never gave LT sales numbers...

If it has legs like the more recent Zelda games (Wind Waker HD, A Link Between Worlds), it's probably around 5,000,000. 

I say yes for shure. Plus it will be a system seller imho. I hope Nintendo release it Advertising it properly at the same level of Splatoon/MK8 or if possible even more. I think Nintendo got it that by now Advertisment has a major role on the total ammount of sales of a game :v

Actually VGC is overtracking Skyward Sword. It was at like 3.7 million as of March 2015.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=963700

Skyward Sword was super frontloaded. It really didn't do much after those first couple of months and that 3.5 million was shipped so that shipment lasted for a few more months.

So it seems to me like 4 million is a good objective for Zelda Wii U.

Boutros said:

Actually VGC is overtracking Skyward Sword. It was at like 3.7 million as of March 2015.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=963700

Skyward Sword was super frontloaded. It really didn't do much after those first couple of months and that 3.5 million was shipped so that shipment lasted for a few more months.

So it seems to me like 4 million is a good objective for Zelda Wii U.

Such front-loadedness...