By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom: Sony's ambition is to make the PS4 home of the fighting genre.

BraLoD said:
Sony is tryin to make the PS4 the home to everything

Ya know what happens when you have everything at your house? You never want to leave home and all of your friends want to come over.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Now all we need a damn Bloody Roar.

The only fighting game I was ever good at. haha. I would actually buy it if it came out for the PS4 even though in general I don't play fighting games.

knubie2 said:
Cloudman said:

And yeah, Smash is Ninten's only fighter, but it has had other fighters on it before. Though who would have wanted to use Nintendo consoles for other fighters, haha...

I would love to be able to play more Capcom games in general on my Wii U. Street Fighter would have fit in just fine next to Smash, why wouldn't I?

Yeah, it would be nice to have more fighters on the system. Too bad we won't get any more... : /

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

More like the home console for every genre.

But in all seriousness, it's great that Sony is pushing to make their platform THE platform to being able to play big genres, including fighters.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

It won't have Smash, so sorry Sony.

Around the Network
HylianYoshi said:
bananaking21 said:

What? No, PS has usually been the home of the fighting genre. Sales of fighting games on playstation are usually higher than xbox

Ah, I see. I just remember hearing that most tournaments played fighters on the 360. Could have been false information though.

You are right.

Last gen the big fighting games were played on 360 because they had the best version.

Now PS4 is the main platform... things changes.

knubie2 said:
sabvre42 said:

The awful online maybe? 

How so? Seems to work fine for Monster Hunter.

For a competitive fighter (of which street fighter is known, there needs to be very very low online lag. Smash wii u online is not bad, but there is considerable lag which hurts competitive play. Capcom won't have the benefit of being an in house developer so smash Wii u online is probably better than what capcom can make.

bigtakilla said:
It won't have Smash, so sorry Sony.

Nintendo has smash, a classic, and ps4 has street fighter, also a classic. Add in mortal kombat, also a classic, and Tekken, another classic, to the ps4 and Sony becomes the clear winner (not counting the other fighting games)

Sony please bring back King of Fighters, I miss Mai.

“Ore no... Kachi da!”

Playstation is the home of every genre!