By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom: Sony's ambition is to make the PS4 home of the fighting genre.

I never really gave the exclusivity of this game any attention until I started to notice on other forums and youtube comments how pissed off XboxOne owners are.

I forgot how big Street Fighter was.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

The PS4 is the home of every Genre but FPS (because you cant be the home for FPS without Halo).

Even at that, PS4 now is the home of COD, so we will see. (still don't think you can win that Genre with a game as big as Halo not on your console).

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

PlayStation has always been the home of fighting games.

One thing to note about smash's unstable wifi: people seem to forget to account that the service is FREE. I'm grateful for that alone and it's 100x better than Wii wifi at least...

Things also might change when Nintendo might port Pokken...could mean another flagship title at the same level of Smash.

tokilamockingbrd said:
The PS4 is the home of every Genre but FPS (because you cant be the home for FPS without Halo).

Even at that, PS4 now is the home of COD, so we will see. (still don't think you can win that Genre with a game as big as Halo not on your console).

Isn't COD bigger than halo? Even though they are annual, they still outsell halo games on xbox consoles.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

Isn't COD bigger than halo? Even though they are annual, they still outsell halo games on xbox consoles.

Yes CoD is bigger. But, if I am an FPS fan am I going to pick the console that has CoD, or the console that has CoD and Halo?

XB1 is still king for FPS. IMO every other genre is now owned by the PS4.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
Aeolus451 said:

Yes CoD is bigger. But, if I am an FPS fan am I going to pick the console that has CoD, or the console that has CoD and Halo?

XB1 is still king for FPS. IMO every other genre is now owned by the PS4.

Yeah. I can't argue against that xbox consoles being the home of FPS. Personally, I don't like a lot of FPS. COD is alright but I have to take some extended breaks from it or I'll get burnt out on it. 

Theoretically PS4 is going to be the home of everything
except RTS I guess

HylianYoshi said:
bananaking21 said:

What? No, PS has usually been the home of the fighting genre. Sales of fighting games on playstation are usually higher than xbox

Ah, I see. I just remember hearing that most tournaments played fighters on the 360. Could have been false information though.

tournaments and sw sales weren't linked.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Cloudman said:
twintail said:
Cloudman said:
Hasn't it sort of always been this way? People didn't play fighters on Xbox or Ninten consoles? Besides, Ninten's main fighter is Smash Bros... o:

High level competetive play has been on Xbox. PS4 is about changing that making PS the defacto brand for fighting genre.

And Smash is Nintendo's only fighter :P

Has it been that way with fighters...? I thought of it as mostly competitive with shooters...

And yeah, Smash is Ninten's only fighter, but it has had other fighters on it before. Though who would have wanted to use Nintendo consoles for other fighters, haha...

It may be the only fighter but it's so big on it's own right that it is enough for a fighter freak to want a WiiU.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."