By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom: Sony's ambition is to make the PS4 home of the fighting genre.

“Sony have been great partners, they have the ambition of making sure that the PlayStation 4 is the home of fighting games, and we’re there to support them, and it’s a wonderful collaboration between both our companies,” he concluded.

In an interesting note, it appears that Sony has helped Capcom developer cross-platform functionality:

“And they’re able to help us out on a technical side of things,”he said. So this is the first time we’re able to pull off cross-platform play; that’s going to unite our community to a centralized player base, and it’s going to be essential for how we manage our competitive scene moving forward."

I hope Sony does the same for Virtua Fighter, I need a Virtua Fighter.

In the meantime we have a nice start with:
Street Fighter V
Guilty Gear Xrd
Skull Girls

Source: http://www.psu.com/news/27417/Sony-%E2%80%98has-the-ambition-of-making-sure-PS4-is-home-of-fighting-games%E2%80%99-says-Capcom

Around the Network

Don't people prefer Xbox for fighting games, though?

bet: lost

HylianYoshi said:

What? No, PS has usually been the home of the fighting genre. Sales of fighting games on playstation are usually higher than xbox

Hasn't it sort of always been this way? People didn't play fighters on Xbox or Ninten consoles? Besides, Ninten's main fighter is Smash Bros... o:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

bananaking21 said:
HylianYoshi said:

What? No, PS has usually been the home of the fighting genre. Sales of fighting games on playstation are usually higher than xbox

Ah, I see. I just remember hearing that most tournaments played fighters on the 360. Could have been false information though.

bet: lost

Around the Network

Sony seems to have a lot of ambitions as of lately ..so far all of them sound great!

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

HylianYoshi said:
bananaking21 said:

Ah, I see. I just remember hearing that most tournaments played fighters on the 360. Could have been false information though.

That only happened during the EVO events when Microsoft were sponsoring it. Any other time it's always been playstation outside of the last two EVO events. The first was because Microsoft was sponsoring. The second was because Ultra SFIV had too many issues on the PS4 around the time of EVO so they went with the set up they already had in place, which was the 360 SFIV set up from last year.

To be on topic though, Playstation 4 was being set up as the fighting game main home for awhile.

Injustice and USF4 next gen versions are both PS4 only

Guilty Gear is PS system exclusive

Skullgirls 2nd Encore is only on PS4 and PC for now

The SF 5 deal is just the culmination of driving home the Playstation fighting game home point.

Even the multiplatform fighting games do better on Playstation.

the way SONY are going,there are trying to make PS4 home of every genre

RPG

FIGHTING

RACING

SURVIVAL HORROR

STEALTH

MMO

RTS

FIRST PERSON SHOOTER aka FPS

STRATEGY

ACTION

PLATFORMERS

STORY

GRAPHICS

SPORTS

SIMULATION

THIRD PERSON SHOOTER

ADVENTURE

That's pretty easy. The PS4 D-Pad is far superior to the Xbox One D-Pad.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Clearly they're making it the home of JRPGs too. This all sounds very familiar.

The PS5 Exists.