By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OFFICIAL Amiibo Collecting and Trading Thread!

tbone51 said:
If anybody has a NESS Amiibo, and might be willing to trade let me know!!! (for outside of country, i dunno how it works though lol)

I dont care for the region.

Currently I have the following to TRADE (srry guys, i need to hold onto as many as i can for trades only)

*All US Amiibo
~Greninja
~Robin
~Lucina
~Toad
~Gold Mario
~Marth

yo tbone.  You in the states?  i might have a ness i can trade.  i actually need a ninjy, robin and lucina.  Are they north american figures?

Around the Network
CarcharodonKraz said:
tbone51 said:
If anybody has a NESS Amiibo, and might be willing to trade let me know!!! (for outside of country, i dunno how it works though lol)

I dont care for the region.

Currently I have the following to TRADE (srry guys, i need to hold onto as many as i can for trades only)

*All US Amiibo
~Greninja
~Robin
~Lucina
~Toad
~Gold Mario
~Marth

yo tbone.  You in the states?  i might have a ness i can trade.  i actually need a ninjy, robin and lucina.  Are they north american figures?

I will already be getting Ness. I will need the next wave of amiibo and the rest of the year ones. Im currently in NJ by NYC. 

My bro in GA. He has most of my extras. I can maybe hold one for you intill later  ill have to keep you updated on that.

Tagging this thread.

Something special may arrive... c;

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Maraccuda said:
I possess all of them except the different coloured variants as I saw them as pointless.

Currently in Australia there are plenty of Amiibos around apart from the rarest ones such as Shiek and Shulk.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/Search/results/?keywords=amiibo
https://ebgames.com.au/any/any?q=amiibo

Both JB and EB websites list most of the Amiibos although I am unsure of their international postage costs.

Aside from whats listed I have pretty much seen all Amiibos in store with varying levels of quantities, apart from Shulk, Shiek, Pit, Diddy Kong, Samus.

YES! I went to my nearest JBHIFI and EB games on SUnday. AND WOW!!! It was like Amiibo PARADISE! They had like a huge table in the middle filled with amiibos, then there was more behind the counter and in the Wii U/3DS section. Sadly i didnt buy ay of them =( The Yoshi wool amiibo, Link and Zero Suit Samus was very tempting. But im saving up for the Anime convention im going to. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I have regular Yoshi and Ink Girl :)

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Maraccuda said:
I possess all of them except the different coloured variants as I saw them as pointless.

Currently in Australia there are plenty of Amiibos around apart from the rarest ones such as Shiek and Shulk.

Both JB and EB websites list most of the Amiibos although I am unsure of their international postage costs.

Aside from whats listed I have pretty much seen all Amiibos in store with varying levels of quantities, apart from Shulk, Shiek, Pit, Diddy Kong, Samus.

YES! I went to my nearest JBHIFI and EB games on SUnday. AND WOW!!! It was like Amiibo PARADISE! They had like a huge table in the middle filled with amiibos, then there was more behind the counter and in the Wii U/3DS section. Sadly i didnt buy ay of them =( The Yoshi wool amiibo, Link and Zero Suit Samus was very tempting. But im saving up for the Anime convention im going to. 

It is also interesting that the recent wave hasnt sold out yet. So either Nintendo made more, or less people are buying them. Or perhaps there are less scalpers now since Amiibos are getting reprints.

Link is always around so you dont really have to worry about that one selling out. But the others might.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Maraccuda said:
Jranation said:
Maraccuda said:

It is also interesting that the recent wave hasnt sold out yet. So either Nintendo made more, or less people are buying them. Or perhaps there are less scalpers now since Amiibos are getting reprints.

Link is always around so you dont really have to worry about that one selling out. But the others might.

I think it's a little of everything. But the scalpers were definitely exacerbating the issue to the point of ridiculousness. Scouring multiple stores for any remaining Amiibo, and hoarding all of them to trickle out on ebay. I wonder if the issue of limited stock would have really been all that bad without scalpers, sure it still would have been hard to find each individual Amiibo, but I think it would have been very possible to slowly collect the lot if you were willing to hit up multiple stores.

Got this in the mail today!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I went into my local Smyths toyshop and lo and behold there were tons of Amiibo, including Dark Pit, Ganondorf, Wario, Zero suit samus, Bowser and Kirby. Usually I only see Mario, Link , Peach etc.
I have 6 Amiibo,
Fireball Mario
Peach
Donkey Kong
Link
Yoshi
Sonic the hedgehog.

Went to both GameStop and Nintendo World Store today. I'd say I got a good haul!